User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    LotsOfLocs Guest

Good luck on the journey Queen!

Joyfulocs Guest

hey, y'all. I am still the same star child from the old post. i am almost 4 months into my journey and i do not like my hair. I am going to be patient and try to enjoy it. I don't like my hair because it does not look like anyones starting locks that i have seen and it is a very different look for me but i did not choose this route God chose it for me and for that i am grateful and i a postive that my locks will be beautil. I am learning many lessions while locking and i would not change my hair for the world.
    Our locs are as individual and unique as our fingerprints. You know what? Somebody is looking your hair and thinking, "I hope mine looks like hers one day." Really, they are!

Peace and God Bless on your loc journey. :wink:

stephny Guest

StarChild, did you like it before and now it's changing? I'm only 1 week into my journey....and it is a journey. Stay strong..from what I've been reading it is bound to get better.

stephny

CHOCOLAIT Guest

solchile76,

thanks for your help!!!

chocolait

starchild Guest

ahh, stephny and joyfulocs thank you. , Well, i don't like my hair because it is so different. I love the way it feels but i still have permed endz so, that is a lot but i am afraid that if i cut it my locs will look worse. well, like i said it is a journey of self love and acceptance. I love my hair but i just have to get use to seeing my own hair and building up my self-esteem. I love locs and i have seen so many beautiful locs but there is a voice that thinks that maybe my locs will look a mess. well, i just need to adjust an grow. my hair is locking very fast and i think my hair has been ready but my mind needs to catch up. stephny : the journey is exactly what it is, a journey. we both have to be patient and let nature take its course. thanx guys for the support * hugs*

aishad Guest

Hey, people!!! I'm aisha, been natural just over a year, locing my hair for 9 months. It is a journey, and I haven't regretted a step.

aisha

Silvalocs Guest

LovelyLocs
    I'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN LOVE WITH LOCS AND SAID I WAS GONNA GET THEM WHEN MY HAIR STARTED TO GRAY (BECAUSE I'VE SEEN SOME UGLY PERMED GRAY HEADS IN MY DAY - COLORED TRYING TO COVER, YELLOW - YALL GET THE IDEA)BUT I JUST COULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER......
    I understand the turning gray concerns. I started my locs 3.5+ years ago when I was about 1/4 gray. My locs are about 1/3 gray now and I rinse them with a little color from time to time. I must say that my gray hair texture is MUCH different than my natural colored hair texture. So since I have so much more gray hair now, I'm glad I locked when I did. My gray hair is finer and has a longer curl pattern with a mihd of its own :? Since locing, my hair appears thicker than it would have if it had not been locked and it's also more managable

BTW, I was a baby napp on the other forum and I'm still a baby napp and Silvalocs on this one

Beryl Guest

Howdy!

Nice to read that there is much nap-happiness up in here!

Good job -- AK et al!

afrikankween Guest

yall dont realize how much I wanted to show yall our new home, but we had to keep it on the low low.

LovelyLocs Guest

i still have permed endz so, that is a lot but i am afraid that if i cut it my locs will look worse

Hi starchild - I started my locs the same way almost 11 months ago, with perm still on my ends. My loctician palmrolled the roots and two strand twisted the permed ends...I waited until my hair started locing and getting thicker (as time goes on your locs will thicken and they will look a lot better) then I started trimming and cutting at mine...if you have alot of permed hair at your ends try putting curly perm rods on the ends to kinda bend them to give them some sort of shape (thats what I did) I also kept mine washed and re-twisted every 2 weeks to maintain a decent appearance. It was also kinda ruff for me too.....BUT RIGHT NOW I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THANG!!!! :lol:

Just try to be patient!!! and remember :idea: : GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!!

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast