Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more tired of the administration than anything else at this point. However, I took my middle level social studies exam about 3 weeks ago and GOD WILLING, have passed it! I am also being blessed with a potential opportunity to expand my "horizons"...lol... more news on that as it comes!

15 DAYS LEFT! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! ^_^
    [/b]
    Blessings on your Social Studies Exam!!! :wub:
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/keshrene/"]Pics[/url]

[img]http://images35.fotki.com/v1207/photos/1/1227065/6338793/twists3-th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/images/realsmallbaby.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7367/glitteryourwayedecb793gv9.gif[/img][color=#CC33CC][b]encourage someone[/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you npg!!!!! :wub:
    a daughter, lover, teacher, poet
    a human being Divine &
    learning this living I'm loving

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Blood good luck on your Social Studies exam!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Rasta!!
    a human being Divine &

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings to all!

I am new to NP. I am also considering the teaching field. I am now studying for the Praxis and looking forward to becoming a sub teacher over the summer. I studied politics and international relations in college. While in school I worked for the goverment and that is when I realized politics was not for me. I thought I could make a difference, but in reality politics was trying to change who I was. I have gone in and out of other industries (hospitality, health and so on...) but I too sense that God is speaking to me and wants me to use my talents to help others. To work with children and educate tomorrow's leaders.
    So please tell me all the "ins" and "outs" of education. What are the pros and cons...please help!

NappyYude

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all!

I'm usually a lurker, but you ladies always have great info. I recently passed the 4-8 Generalist test for Texas and I'm trying to find a teaching position for the Fall, but sometimes I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to be going about finding a job. So, a question for anyone who chooses to answer - how did you go about finding a position. Did you go to job fairs or did you send letters to individual schools? I'm thinking I'd get more results by sending letters to principals just because tons of people show up at job fairs. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it (I tend to do that). But I do think I could step it up a bit. I feel like I've been half-stepping it.

I'm in school right now for an M.Ed in School Counseling (Elementary), so I'd like to stay with either 4th or 5th grade, but I'm thinking that I may have to start out in middle school and then move to elementary school if I can't find what I want. Just in case anyone was wondering, in Texas, school counselors must teach before they can counsel.

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've done both (i'm in texas now) and found that job fairs are the way to go b/c often the interviews are on the spot and you can cover more ground. i sent letters to individual principals and didn't get as much of a response. ultimately i did get a job through the individual letters, but most of my colleagues got theirs through job fairs and applying through the school's website.

hth
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nette,

I didn't know that in Texas you had to teach before you could counsel I think that sub teaching and sending letters and e-mails to principals are a wonderful way to get your foot in the door. I think that job fairs are a good way to network with other teachers, drop off resumes, and you may be able to get an interview on the spot at the job fair! I wish you all the best on your job search!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 more days left...the count down is on - yay!!!

Tomorrow, our sixth graders have their Field Day, the eight graders will have an end of the year school dance soon...they think it's a prom. ^_^ I think our seventh and maybe eight graders will have a Field Day as well.

Next weeks are Final Exams - c'mon May 23rd!!! Praise the Lord!!!

What's gong on with everyone else right about now?
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/keshrene/"]Pics[/url]

[img]http://images35.fotki.com/v1207/photos/1/1227065/6338793/twists3-th.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/images/realsmallbaby.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7367/glitteryourwayedecb793gv9.gif[/img][color=#CC33CC][b]encourage someone[/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got 6 days left (not including today) so I'm super ready. Our Field Day is on the last day of school (23rd). I think it will really hit me on Monday. I've been cleaning out my room and taking things off my wall for the past 3 weeks :lol: ... needless to say, I'm about ready!

Tomorrow's MY big day because I will find out that I've passed my social studies exam, Godwilling!

Question for everyone:
    1. Has anyone moved from a lower elementary grade to teaching an upper elementary grade? If so, how did you prepare for that transition, and what are/were your experiences?

2. Anyone teaching summer school?

Peace! ^_^
    a human being Divine &

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast