Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With every paycheck do u put a lil money aside to buy something for yourself?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]

Definitely! I have to have a certain amount of my paycheck (about 1%) set aside for myself because if I don't, I will spend waaaaaaay more than I need to.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Of course ^_^

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do now. I use to make sure everyone else had, but now I make sure all of us have.
    Stand For Something, or You'll Fall For Anything
    BC 5/23/09
    loc journey 9/6/10

http://members.fotki.com/Chocodoll/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

No, because I usually feel guilty buying/doing stuff for myself. I'm slowly learning to stop feeling guilty about buying/doing for myself, and I recently bought myself some nice things (all on sale) from Victoria's Secret and Dereon.
    "The backlash against bone-straight hair can't come quickly enough: I like my hair with its Afro personality intact." --Hannah Pool, journalist

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, I too was the consummate sacrificer to make sure everyone else had but now I make sure I'm FIRST when it comes to giving....have a good amount off the top to retirement and other savings and always get something for ME "just because" and it doesn't have to be pricey (though it can be)! Ah the FREEDOM!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    Sure do! I think it's important to treat yourself every now and then...and at the end of the day, Life is too short! But at the same time you have to be wise about your spending.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't before but I'm making sure that I now build a habit of putting some money aside each month to invest (I'm going to start using that word more) some money wisely on my Self lol... while still keeping it as a monthly treat...

Putting money towards items/classes/essentials that keep me feeling motivated, feeling good, healthy and gives me food for thought (like yoga classes, more books, extra helpings to fresh organic foods, holistic/spiritual/culture/poetry/talk events etc).

www.HolisticLocs.com
    ~ Loving the locing journey since 2001
    ~ Nappturality lover since 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting to put more money away for myself to treat myself to something nice, simple things that bring joy to my life like books, earrings, lip gloss, organic food, new music, and picture frames. I am learning to take time to pamper myself and my locs more this year. :wub: I've been in the habit of putting others first, and myself last when it comes to certain things. I am just a creative butterfly trying to spread my wings!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a bit of a tug of war w/trying to pay off bills versus treating myself every once in awhile. Its a shame but sometimes I feel guilty for doing a little something for myself. Thats a bit sick and sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast