Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any of you seen the promos for this new show on The Food Network? What are your thoughts?
    It debuts Feb 2 at 11:00am

Down Home with the Neelys
    Pat and Gina Neely and their family own and operate some of Tennessee's best - and devilishly delicious - barbecue restaurants. But when they are relaxing at home in Memphis, they love to create tasty dishes their whole family can enjoy. Now they're ready to share secrets from their famous restaurant dishes along with their tastiest family-friendly recipes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have seen it. Looks like its going to be a good show. Its about time they have some African Americans on cooking shows. Too bad I won't be able to see it I'll be at work.

msdeevan is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait for this and it's about dern time.

I love the Foodnetwork but I have been tempted many times to write them and ask why with all the great Black cooks in America can't they have one show with a Black host. I mean really and what about Asians , Latinos. I know they have that Simply Delicioso show going now but I love Daisy Martinez that has a little show that comes on PBS sometimes . Can't they have both? they sure show enough repeats of Rachael, Giada and Sandra Lee.

I mean really no offense at Rachael Ray but I'm getting sick of her and how many shows does she have on the network? 10!!!

The Neely's were great when they were featured on Paula Deen's show. I hope that they really give the show a chance and let it take off. I hope they don't do it like that little cake show they gave that brother with the locs I think I saw that maybe 3-4 times and then it disappeared.

I was beginning to think they may be a little biased cause on their last finding the next food network star challenge I didn't appreciate how they kept saying the black lady had an attitude and finally got around to eliminating her early on. I found out lately though that one of the heads of the Channel (I forget her title) is a young black woman though so maybe their trying.

Let's be sure to watch and Tivo.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was beginning to think they may be a little biased cause on their last finding the next food network star challenge I didn't appreciate how they kept saying the black lady had an attitude and finally got around to eliminating her early on. I found out lately though that one of the heads of the Channel (I forget her title) is a young black woman though so maybe their trying.

[/b]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing until I saw an article about her too, in either Essence or Black Enterprise, can't remember... she's a director of programming, so I was hoping that she'd have some influence in adding some diversity to the schedule...

The show looks like it has potential, and I really hope it does well!

Another person who of color who I think would've had a great show on the food newtork was a lady that was once on Throwdown with Bobby Flay. I can't remember her name, but she seemed well versed in southern cooking, as well as caribbean and pan-african cuisine, now that's a show I'd really like to see!

BushBaby is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is soo exciting. I echo the sentiments of needing a "black" show/host on the foodnetwork (that sugar/baking man ain't cutting it).

I don't have cable anymore but I will keep visiting the website for their recipes.
    http://30yearstodate.blogspot.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I've seen the promos for this show. I will tune in and check it out....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Neelys are on Paula Deen's show... right now just in case anyone is interested.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't wait to watch the show. i was very happy to finally see us on the food network. I mean there is that one guy with the locs (can't remember his name) with Sugar Rush (or something like that) but I'm not even sure if that's even aired any more. I love Emeril even though the show has been cancelled and they're just airing reruns and of course Miss Paula :wub:
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::
    March '08 NOTM
    http://public.fotki.com/ChaoticSoul2
    *Dreads...expect the unexpected*

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were on Good Morning America yesterday reppin' the show, both have great energy. Don't forget, today 11AM EST on Food Network !!

anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were on Good Morning America yesterday reppin' the show, both have great energy. Don't forget, today 11AM EST on Food Network !!
    [/b]
    Just saw the show and it was great !! Gotta try that Strawberry Shortcut Cake, yum !!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast