Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon! Just was asking if anybody has been here and if so, what were your expierences? Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in West Orange on the border of Livingston. I would never expect a natural hair stylist to be in Livingston. I have been looking for a place to help with my transition (6 mths so far).

I went to the International Hair Design in Elizabeth and I waited there with an appt for over 2 hrs without being seen. I was told the stylist was on her way. I walked out without getting my hair done. I also went to Braids R Us in South Orange, I got cornrows. They gave me very nice small braids, not too tight, nice design with my own hair, no extensions. The price was $75 which included $10 to wash my hair. The braids lasted a month, but took 2 days to take out because they were so small (I had 54 braids).

I have been thinking about trying Nedjetti in Bloomfield.
    [color=#000099][b]Last CFC = July 2007[/b][/color]
    [color=#000099] [b]Big Chop = July 2008[/b][/color]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/mzalleycat/"]http://public.fotki.com/mzalleycat/[/url]

BeYou7 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in West Orange on the border of Livingston. I would never expect a natural hair stylist to be in Livingston. I have been looking for a place to help with my transition (6 mths so far).

I went to the International Hair Design in Elizabeth and I waited there with an appt for over 2 hrs without being seen. I was told the stylist was on her way. I walked out without getting my hair done. I also went to Braids R Us in South Orange, I got cornrows. They gave me very nice small braids, not too tight, nice design with my own hair, no extensions. The price was $75 which included $10 to wash my hair. The braids lasted a month, but took 2 days to take out because they were so small (I had 54 braids).

I have been thinking about trying Nedjetti in Bloomfield.
    [/b]
    you should, my friend speaks highly of the exclusive service Nedjetti gives you. Let us know after you go, I'd love to hear some feedback

Nedjetti's website

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon! Just was asking if anybody has been here and if so, what were your expierences? Thank you!
    [/b]
    I heard of Shades Hair Studio just the other day, and yes, it is in Livingston! I know a girl who used to go there who raves about their service and styling ability. I haven't been there myself though. I hear they do natural hair in all types of styles: braids, twists, knots, roller/twist/straw sets, and they also blow and flat flaming hot tool of hair torture too (ouch). The acquaintance who told me about the shop says she primarily went there to get her hair straightened and cut, or twists. She says they are very knowledgeable and emphasize hair health.

Shades Hair Studio
    59 E Mount Pleasant Ave
    Livingston, NJ 07039
    (973) 533-0896

There is also a location in Hamilton, owned by the same owner but operated by her sister:

Shades Hair Studio
    1629 State Highway 33
    Trenton/Hamilton, NJ 08690
    (609) 631-8100

They both supposedly use really good products and techniques. Let me know how it turns out, I'm still investigating them.

Hope this helps somebody!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard of Shades Hair Studio just the other day, and yes, it is in Livingston! I know a girl who used to go there who raves about their service and styling ability. I haven't been there myself though. I hear they do natural hair in all types of styles: braids, twists, knots, roller/twist/straw sets, and they also blow and flat flaming hot tool of hair torture too (ouch). The acquaintance who told me about the shop says she primarily went there to get her hair straightened and cut, or twists. She says they are very knowledgeable and emphasize hair health.

Shades Hair Studio
    59 E Mount Pleasant Ave
    Livingston, NJ 07039
    (973) 533-0896

There is also a location in Hamilton, owned by the same owner but operated by her sister:

Shades Hair Studio
    1629 State Highway 33
    Trenton/Hamilton, NJ 08690
    (609) 631-8100

They both supposedly use really good products and techniques. Let me know how it turns out, I'm still investigating them.

Hope this helps somebody!
    [/b]

Thank you so much for your input...
    I did go and they were very nice and informative. Everything you said was right on. The young lady even gave me her cell phone number because I told her my schedule is so crazy. VERY NICE! VERY INFORMATIVE. I hope to use them very soon. In the meantime, I think i am goin to need a dermatologist....