Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a search on thin ends and I came across something with skinny ends so i take it it means the same thing...

I was wondering the purpose of the ends not bring as thick as the rest of the hair.
    I trim while in twists and it then turn back thin... I hear it could be due to breakage, needs a trim
    and trimming incorrectly... but i don't get it... I trim often due to that but it keeps coming back...
    I keep thinking the ends are breaking or something... I keep my hair moist at all times
    I'd wash and add whatever moisturizer and twist/braid and leave it the way it is for a week keeping it moist
    as well...

Can someone explain whats going on...
    <div align="center">
    ----------------------------
    On A [u]Keep it Simple Mission[/u].. [color=#660000]Cleans[/color]- [color=#003300]Deep Condition[/color]- [color=#660000]Moisturize[/color]
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this can come from two things:
    hair breakage and losing proteins on the ends. to check to see if it&#39;s the latter, take a look at an individual strand, if the strand looks fat and gets skinny and tapers towards the ends then that&#39;s the problem and usually means that you&#39;re getting better nutrition with the new growth than the ends.

if it&#39;s a matter of uneven ends (breakage) then make an effort to protect your ends. this can come from how you detangle, how often you wear your hair out or if there&#39;s friction. coloring can also have an impact if you&#39;re growing out color as well as the type of scissors you use to trim.

maybe have a look at the length retention thread

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.... could be the protien doesn&#39;t get to the ends or something.. breaking? is that possible? i don&#39;t wear my hair out... not right now.... no colors.... signs....
    <div align="center">
    ----------------------------
    On A [u]Keep it Simple Mission[/u].. [color=#660000]Cleans[/color]- [color=#003300]Deep Condition[/color]- [color=#660000]Moisturize[/color]
    </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this can come from two things:
    hair breakage and losing proteins on the ends. to check to see if it&#39;s the latter, take a look at an individual strand, if the strand looks fat and gets skinny and tapers towards the ends then that&#39;s the problem and usually means that you&#39;re getting better nutrition with the new growth than the ends.
    [/b]
    So how does one rectify this if it is the latter? :dunno: So Walmart hair scissors don&#39;t cut it ey? (pun intended )
    my fotki
    password is np updated 8/31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. what i mean by "losing protein at the ends" is that you&#39;re nutrition was off and there was less stuff available for your body to make normal size strand back then. i think the best way to tell is to look at the individual strand to see if it tapers.

also are you sure that how detangle isnt also a factor?

So how does one rectify this if it is the latter? :dunno: So Walmart hair scissors don&#39;t cut it ey? (pun intended )
    [/b]
    eat better :lol:

i think as long as the shears are sharp and you dont use them for anything else that should be fine.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a search on thin ends and I came across something with skinny ends so i take it it means the same thing...

I was wondering the purpose of the ends not bring as thick as the rest of the hair.
    I trim while in twists and it then turn back thin... I hear it could be due to breakage, needs a trim
    and trimming incorrectly... but i don&#39;t get it... I trim often due to that but it keeps coming back...
    I keep thinking the ends are breaking or something... I keep my hair moist at all times
    I&#39;d wash and add whatever moisturizer and twist/braid and leave it the way it is for a week keeping it moist
    as well...

Can someone explain whats going on...
    [/b]
    So you trimmed it, you take care of it and it still came back thin? It sounds like your hair is growing not breakage. It just doesn&#39;t grow in a uniform manner. Some of your hair may be growing faster than the rest. If you give it a few months, the rest of your hair will catch up and your ends will look thick again.
    [color=#660066][i]I believe your promise is too hard to give me courage.
    All with my feelings...
    the precious time seeing you.

I&#39;m marching on...[/i]
    [b]TiA - Ryuusei (Shooting Star) - Naruto 6ED theme[/b][/color]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/Only1biancab/keikoxmew2.jpg[/img]

Pixie Hollow: Home of glitter and other sparkle!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I&#39;m still having problems with my skinny ends. First is this how most people skinny ends look:

And I trim my ends with some new scissors and when I looked at a individual strand it&#39;s the same length all the way through

And then, I also did the "protein test" to see if my hair has a good balance of protein and moisture and it does. So I don&#39;t know what the problem is.
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Twitter: Letti_Bug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I&#39;m still having problems with my skinny ends. First is this how most people skinny ends look:

And I trim my ends with some new scissors and when I looked at a individual strand it&#39;s the same length all the way through

And then, I also did the "protein test" to see if my hair has a good balance of protein and moisture and it does. So I don&#39;t know what the problem is.
    [/b]

That is exactly how my ends look. I will have to pay closer attention to them. I keep my ends moist with Black Castor Oil & my glycerin spritz and keep my ends trimmed.
    "Crafted and molded, sculpted and folded, designed to praise in everyway. Gifted with music, anointed with lyric You made me an instrument of praise". Clark Sisters

Pixie Hollow: Home of glitter and other sparkle!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ So after you do that your ends still look like that? Because I was wondering if I need to cut my hair all together, not just trim it. :unsure:
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Twitter: Letti_Bug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturallybornpraiser, silly question, but is your hair completely natural? I&#39;m starting my 8th month of transition, and I twist my hair before I roll it. My twists look very much like yours, but in my case the thin ends are relaxed.

Second question: Have you ever cut all of the thin part off and had it grow back until the ends thinned out again?

Syrel
    Syrel

Transitioned 6/28/08 - 4/27/09
    Unplanned Big Chop 4/27/09
    Enjoying the adventure!