Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

hey everyone. i'm in need of how i can possible get my twists to be more defined and fuller. My twists, when i do them, always tend to be limp and thin looking, especially on the right side of my hair. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to get them fuller. oh, and one other thing. i have no idea what is up with the ends of my hair on one side! the ends on the right side of my head are sooo much straighter than the other side of my hair, and i have had the chemical fire cream trimmed out a couple months ago and i even got hair scissors myself and trimmed the hair...i don't know why those ends are straighter than the left side of my hair....
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/"]http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The straighter pieces could be just how you hair texture is meant to be. Empress Ri has hair similar to your hair. Maybe you can pm her. Maybe you can roll the ends on perm rods to keep them from being straight. Also any heat that you use might make the ends stay straight. You hair seems to be fine like mine but yours is looser. I use very little product to twist my hair if I want them to not be limp. Also you can twist on damp hair.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rinsing your twists may help to plump them up a little. Or just doing the twists on wet or damp hair as the previous poster suggested.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that in your album you said that pressed your hair during your transitioning phase to blend the two textures. That could be the problem with why your hair still has str8ter parts in it. Pressing the hair can act as a cfc and permanently str8ten the hair. I pressed my hair out twice and the result was that a portion of my hair in the front would not curl anymore. At the time I was not aware that pressing can damage the natural curl pattern of the hair like a cfc. Needless to say, I had to allow my hair to grow and just trim it off little by little until the str8t part was gone. Try twisting on wet hair using just a small amount of olive or coconut oil. Allow it to air dry and your twist should plump just a little.
    Happily nappy since 2005! Visit my fotki

www(dot)public(dot)fotki(dot)com/samii2004

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You hair sounds kind of like how mine was when I first started twisting. My twists were not defined at all and were a little thin on the ends. I got a trim and twisted with a curling gel on damp hair making sure to twist the ends around my fingers so they would curl up too. It took a long while before my twists were really defined and rope like, but they were shiny and healthy looking. If your just starting out, your hair might just need some time to get back to normal.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you all for the advice. I usually do twist on dam hair with a little organic root stimulator olive oil, so maybe i will try to add a little curling gel that and see how it works.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/"]http://public.fotki.com/myzzvicky/[/url]