Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so the problem is this... i would like to wear my hair in protective styles for the winter. I have done box braids and twists on my hair but I do not think my hair looks good in these styles at this length (about 3 inches). What else can I do to my hair for protective styling? Can I wear a puff everyday and not receive too much damage? Yeah these are all vain questions but I need some advice from you experts. Any advice is appreciated.
    The only person that you have to please in life is God. Stop trying to figure things out and force things to happen. Get as close to God as possible because He is the one that knows the plans for your life and He is the one that can make them happen.[size=5]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put my hair away during the winter. Between the cold air and dry heat, my hair would be a straight mess come Spring. Anyway, just to break up the boredom, I have been putting my hair away in flat twist updos, so that my ends are protected and moisturized. I've even put my two strand twists up, to avoid friction from my collar. I would think the flat twists would work nicely with current hair length.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put my hair away during the winter. Between the cold air and dry heat, my hair would be a straight mess come Spring. Anyway, just to break up the boredom, I have been putting my hair away in flat twist updos, so that my ends are protected and moisturized. I've even put my two strand twists up, to avoid friction from my collar. I would think the flat twists would work nicely with current hair length.
    [/b]
    [color=#3366FF]yeah i was thinking that the puff might not be my best bet simply because I am trying to retain length... but I just looked at a tutorial on finger/comb coils and I think that is my next step. i do not have another off day until tuesday so I guess that is when I will try them out. Well knowing me, I will be on them when I get off work tonight
    Thanks for the advice Kiaya
    The only person that you have to please in life is God. Stop trying to figure things out and force things to happen. Get as close to God as possible because He is the one that knows the plans for your life and He is the one that can make them happen.[size=5]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest braid extensions as a protective style. Kinky twist is my go to protective extension style. If you don't want to do extensions, you can do comb coils, or chunky braid outs (make a several (5-6) plait braids at night and un-braid in the morning and you can wear this with a cute head band. Puffs are cute and I wore them and chunky braid outs A LOT during my 1st year as a napptural, just be careful not to damage your edges and to keep your hair moisturized (loose hair is more prone to dryness). Also, a style that I did was flat twist or cornrow the front and style the back (i'd roller set at times or wear a braid out).

Also, I suggest looking at peoples albums, that's where I got a lot of my ideas.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found my new style ... finger coils. AWW they so cute. You can see all my little naps and coils... I feel real good about this style
    Thanks for the guidance

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your hair is close to my length and I had rods in that lasted for almost 2 weeks. Right now I have kinky twists in to give my hair a break because I usually have it in a stretched fro. You could also try some protective styles with extensions like cornrows, braids, or twists.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

girl you need to try finger coils and then break them up after a couple of days!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found my new style ... finger coils. AWW they so cute. You can see all my little naps and coils... I feel real good about this style
    Thanks for the guidance
    [/b]
    awww how cute. i'm sure they look awesome! i'm glad you found yourself a new style