knwill is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading Tia Williams' blog (Shake your Beauty) and I had known her sister had been growing out her r.elaxer for a while, well read what happened.

Hi girls,
    Really quickly, I just discovered an amazing option for girls with fine-to-medium curls who'd love to relax their hair a bit, but don't want the heaviness and pin-straightness of a major chemical fire cream. Last week, I was at my local Dominican salon, Adelina's (love ya, Addie!). I'd had this weird kink in the front of my hair, towards the bottom--and no matter how much I flat ironed or curling iron-ed it, that piece never stayed straight. It drove me NUTS. So, I asked Adelina if there was anything I could do for that section, short of a chemical fire cream. Fabulous Addie was like, "Sure mami! Let's do a relaxing conditioner!" She proceeded to whip together equal parts deep conditioner and chemical fire cream (she used Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer, $10.99; with SoftSheen-Carson Optimum Care Mild chemical fire cream, $6.99), and then massaged it into my weird, frizzy section of hair. After letting it marinate for ten minutes, it was business as usual--she washed it out once, followed with conditioner, and that was that! Brilliant. I mean, what a fabulous option if you just need super-mild relaxing (ideal for little girls, too).

Here's the cautionary tale, though. My sister Devon (aka Brownie) had been growing out her perm for years, and was finally, FINALLY, done! A couple months ago, she went to her local D.C. Dominican spot and, without asking, her stylist slapped in a thickish pre-shampoo treatment. When Brownie saw her wet hair, she was baffled and devastated--her hard-won natural curls were looser, yet she knew her stylist hadn't given her a real chemical fire cream or weak chemical fire cream (she only washed it out once, and Brownie didn't smell chemicals). What happened?! It wasn't until I had my existential Adelina experience that we realized what the stylist had done. The NERVE, right? Good thing Brownie graduated summa *** laude from Howard Law School, because she's taking her *** to court. Moral of the story is, always watch your stylist...she might make an executive decision about your hair texture without asking.

xoxo,
    Tia[/b]
    [b]

edited
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NAPPY *my hair blog*
    Babyhead Diaries *My Parenting Blog*
    Why do writers write? Because it isn't there. - Thomas Berger

fotki

mwedzi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, wait :shocker: that's better. I'm a mild-mannered person usually, but if someone did that, the :fan in their shop and the next thing I know I would be the one being taken to court. See, all these horror stories just confirm that I should never go to a salon w/o the most thorough of investigations.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes me even more so not want to go to a salon. I remember when I was still damaging my hair with chemicals and/or p.resses and most of my stylists just did what they wanted when I asked them what I wanted done to my hair. I'm not going back, it's just me and my hair, baby.

ETA: that straight up sounded like a nightmare, i actually had chills thinking about it. How horrible for her! :Angry:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Where kinky hair goes to unthought of dimensions" - DP

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

under the guise of a "pre shampoo treatment" honestly if someone was going to pre treat my hair for a shampoo i would probably say yes .......and would have been devasted if it turned out to be a undercover chemical fire cream :shocker: ..........

I couldnt even imagine......

-she probably couldnt even smell it under the conditioner.....i feel so bad for her...

seriously that is really disturbing..it makes me NEVER want to go to a salon.....
    [url="http://www.meez.com/ms_mirkat"][img]http://images.meez.com/user10/01/09/0109_10017519642.gif[/img][/url]
    [SIZE=2][color=#FF0000]I&#39;VE STARTED LOCS!!!!![/color][/SIZE]</div>
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/heymay123/"]http://public.fotki.com/heymay123/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i woulda beat her @$$!!!

and then taken her to court
    :Angry: :Angry:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh heck no. this is why I&#39;M the only one who does this head im sorry, that&#39;s cause for an @$$ whooping
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and she would get a "pre" a$$ whoopin&#39; before she got the real a$$ whoopin&#39;!!
    "A person’s nearness to Allah (God) is proportional to his distance from his own ego and self [nafs].” - Shaykh Gangohi

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW! I have NO WORDS FOR THIS BEHAVIOR!!!
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and she would get a "pre" a$$ whoopin&#39; before she got the real a$$ whoopin&#39;!!
    [/b]
    :lol: same for me too! :lol:

The Land of Elves, before the time of Men
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh heck no. this is why I&#39;M the only one who does this head im sorry, that&#39;s cause for an @$$ whooping
    [/b]
    I know thas right. I woulda been windmillin&#39;, cussin&#39; and taking names up in that piece. <_< <_<

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast