Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to invest in more book shelves! I am working on organizing my books and closets this summer!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found this photo online... isn't this flyy/pretty anal?

[/b]

GASPS for air. I :wub: :wub: :wub: it.

I'd do this, but I separate my books by genre then file them alphabetically by author's last name. Yes anal ... :lol: I know, but it makes them so easy to find. :blush:

When I move, I'll organize my shoes the way that bookshelf is organized.
    Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
    ~Judy Garland~
    Back to Loose Hair: March 2013
    My DreadLoc Story: Updates 9.22.2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!!! I just did this to my books the other day because I wanted all the blue books to be together!! I'm putting the house on the market soon and I wanted the bookcase to look "more organized", so I started with blue

My closet is organized by color

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to try this (organizing books by color) except that it would probably drive me crazy trying to find something. Maybe I'll do it with the unimportant books only...the ones that don't reflect my years of edu-ma-cation? :lol:
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organizing books by color looks nice...don't know if I would know how to find anything, though.

But I love the idea.
    "To whom much is given much is required."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when I organize my next bookshelf it will be by author and not by color. I think that organizing by color is a good idea too!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't organize my books by color (topic), but my closet and drawers are color coordinated. Random. Glad to see I am not alone.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping because I saw a whole Flickr of these and I have a four-day weekend and need to inject some life into my home office so that I'll use it more (right now it's more of a storage room than anything else). My only concern, again, is that I'll have a hard time finding stuff...which is why I'm planning on taking pictures of each shelf so I know what's where.

Also, my closet is organized by color.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

My friend (arch enemy after she roped me into helping her with this project) organized her bookshelves in her home office by color.

Her solution to the issue of being able to find things, was to first organize by the author's name and then to use a book cover to change the books. My friend (arch enemy) got a bunch of brown paper bags from grocery stores and covered all of her books, colored the spines of the books in warm colors like, gold, orange, red, deep purple, dark blue, and dark green. Then she used her label maker and made new labels to attach to the spines.

My friend (arch enemy) did not have a ton of books in her home office, but it still took us two days to complete the project. I must admit that it looks beautiful, but woo-wee it took a lot of time and attention to get everything just right.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ "friend (arch enemy)"...

It sounds like the same amount of work, to be honest...I'm guessing I have close to 500 books in my home office. Part of me thinks I should do this for each individual bookcase (I have 3, each of which are 6 feet tall), which means at least the large subjects will all be in the same place (1 for fiction; 1 for poetry, anthologies and reference books; 1 for everything else).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast