Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im new to Nappturality and am definitely loving this site. I started going natural Feb. 2007 and went all the way until October 7, 2007 without a fire cream but soon gave into it and relaxed my hair. Apparently the chemical fire cream was old and it did nothing to my scalp but make it extremely dry. Since then, I have been chemical fire cream free but my concern is before that I would have extremely dry scalp, the doctors claimed it was eczema in my hair. Doing the chemical fire cream in Octtober. only worsened this problem, Im currently using this eczema oil but what I really need is a good shampoo. I still have chemical fire cream on my ends but I wanna do the BC soon because i have about 4 inches of new growth and when I wash my hair its making the relaxed part extremely matted. Right now I know my shampoo is not good I'm using the T-Gel because its for people with psorrasis and eczema but I need a moisturizing shampoo. I'm open to anyone who may be experiencing similar problems like mine or who has a solution to this.

PLEASE HELP

SoontobeNappy
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im new to Nappturality and am definitely loving this site. I started going natural Feb. 2007 and went all the way until October 7, 2007 without a fire cream but soon gave into it and relaxed my hair. Apparently the chemical fire cream was old and it did nothing to my scalp but make it extremely dry. Since then, I have been chemical fire cream free but my concern is before that I would have extremely dry scalp, the doctors claimed it was eczema in my hair. Doing the chemical fire cream in Octtober. only worsened this problem, Im currently using this eczema oil but what I really need is a good shampoo. I still have chemical fire cream on my ends but I wanna do the BC soon because i have about 4 inches of new growth and when I wash my hair its making the relaxed part extremely matted. Right now I know my shampoo is not good I'm using the T-Gel because its for people with psorrasis and eczema but I need a moisturizing shampoo. I'm open to anyone who may be experiencing similar problems like mine or who has a solution to this.

PLEASE HELP

SoontobeNappy
    [/b]
    Hi... I'm new to the site - been a lurker for a few months - but natural since 1994. I've found with allergy conditions, eczema, dermatitis, the gentler you are the better. damaged skin/scalp needs to be lubricated regularly. since conditioner washing daily, using sls free shampoo (diluted) weekly, and cyder vinegar or lemon juice final rinsing after a poo wash my scalp and eczema (back of neck) has totally cleared up. keep things simple. don't overload on products. try not to experiment too much with products. think moisture - aloe vera, honey, vegetable glycerine, water - steer clear of essential oils, perfumes, parabens, and harsh products and in time it will clear. If I feel my scalp playing up I juice a lemon mix with manuka honey massage it into my scalp leave for 30 minutes then rinse with cool water. the honey heals and moisturises and is antibacterial and the lemon sorts out the ph balance, is antifungal and antibacterial.

a few little suggestions from a newbie whos not got used to posting yet.

M

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second Loslomaslady's post. I have had scalp problems for as long as I can remember. I've tried the T-gel that you are using, Head & Shoulders, cowashing my hair more frequently, stopped using gel you name it. My results were an itchy scalp and enough flakes to make a ski slope.
    On my last wash 12 days ago, I washed my hair with ACV only after letting some sit on my scalp for 30-45 min then conditioned with yogurt. This is the 1ST time my scalp has no flakes on it and does not itch.
    For me it seems like the commercial conditioners I was using (Suave Humectant, Suave Daily Moisture and Creme of Nature Naturals & Moisture Conditioner) were still drying my scalp. I still had this problem during the summer and I was cowashing daily.
    I will be washing my hair Friday and will use only ACV on my scalp and hair as my cleansing agent and yogurt for as the conditioner.

HTH
    Natural since 11/06/2006
    DIY Braidlocked and maintained since 8/23/2008
    www.ceraisis.net

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I totally agree with the two ladies above. It took me years to figure out that the worst thing for me to do was to (1) oil my scalp, hoping the itching would go away and (2) overdose on products. The ACV rinses, I believe, are vital to a healthy ( and calmer!) scalp. I also mix a bit of baking soda with my shampoo, if I have buildup (maybe 1x/month).

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

praise jeebus for google, NP and this thread
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ladies please try chamomile tea or the flowers as a final rinse. It helps the eczema heal.

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read your post on that somewhere else in my eczema search last night.

So is it bad to combine these rinses? or do one after the other? or should I just do one at a time?

And if I do a rinse I don't need conditioner right?

Just do the rinse and style as usual?

I'm thinking of following the regime MsFullRoller used as a starting point for now

GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/