Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey yall,

I just found this great sounding federal position and I REALLY want it. The only thing is the entire application process. Now I've been told to keep your resume to 1 page but I heard thats out the windo when applying for a federal position. Also the KSA's.. I don't even know where to begin, but it seems I must be missing something.

I want this position but I really have no clue when it comes to the KSA's. Any tips, ideas, suggestions on the entire application process especially the KSA's

I'm not sure how much traffic this section gets, but hopefully somebody will respond cause I need help :blush:
    My experiences, that are mine and not to be generalised for other hijabis, have illustrated that the concern is not my oppression, but the inaccessibility of hijabi bodies and a general discomfort with those who have no problems with visible signs of cultural and religious difference. Kameelah Janan Rasheed

Call upon Me and I will Respond to you! (40:60)

China is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate KSAs!!!!

I applied for two federal jobs and completed the KSA's and wasnt hired for either. I'm in the govt now, but fortunately didnt have to complete any for my current position. I wish I could help sis. I guess I just wanted to briefly complain about the process. :lol:
    http://public.fotki.com/ChinafromNP/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It goes without saying that creation of ksa's depends in large part on the specific job for which you are applying.....I have been with the fed gov. for 30 years and believe it is important to use certain "buzz" words to show your expertise level, i.e. "I developed methods to improve.....", "I coordinated the development of.......", "I prepared for presentation....", etc.... Try a Google search on "how to write knowledge, skills, and abilities" that should give you some great ideas & GOOD LUCK!
    [b]<span style="color:#993300">[color=#666600]Last CFC: August 12, 2006
    BC: December 2006[/color][/b]
    </span>[color=#6633FF]Each Day is a New Opportunity to Right the Wrongs of Yesterday...Maximize ![/color]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/2856/"]http://public.fotki.com/Delta [color=#FF0000]Duck[/color]/[/url] [i][SIZE=1][color=#339999][/color](logged on FOTKI members only)[/SIZE][/i]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve been with the gov&#39;t almost 14 years and I know I didn&#39;t have to fill out a KSA &#39;cause I had to look up the term. <_<

I agree, I don&#39;t think all positions required it, my position requires a license, maybe that was why I didn&#39;t have to fill out one.
    I just want you to recognize me in the temple, you can&#39;t hurt me I found peace within myself--Michael Jackson (RIP)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the application process. KSA&#39;s are difficult on a lot of people, which may be where I can offer some assistance. Although I have never worked in the govt. I have 2.5 years of technical writing experience as a govt contractor and I create KSA&#39;s and other written services for side money. If you are interested, or just need some specialized advice please do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck,

Lyrik
    PROUD TO BE PANK!
    [SIZE="3"]
    Come together right now...over me ~
    My Blog

Jams is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I hafta pick the job that needs the KSA&#39;s <_<

just kidding.. Its a challenge, but I know I&#39;d be thrilled to get past it.

Thanks soo much for the offer Lyrik, I&#39;ll definitely be sending you a pm
    My experiences, that are mine and not to be generalised for other hijabis, have illustrated that the concern is not my oppression, but the inaccessibility of hijabi bodies and a general discomfort with those who have no problems with visible signs of cultural and religious difference. Kameelah Janan Rasheed

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fftop:

just laughing at your avatar Jams....folk used to call me "Dee" all the time when I was a lil girl, I never thought I was that critical and smart azzed....but maybe I was! :lol:
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Jams is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guess who been hiding.. these KSA&#39;s had me running

but I&#39;m going to finish this application ON TIME! :Angry:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:century gothic">I&#39;ve been applying for some gov jobs for the past few months and even some last year. I just took a test that was 3 hours long for a position. I&#39;ve never heard of KSA&#39;s before! I&#39;ll have to google it and research it! Good luck to you! </span>