Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

I'm not actually doing my whole head, I actually want to start just one loc in the back of my head and I started it, I put beeswax in my hair than I twisted it and pinned it up then I put the blow drier on it and I could not handle the heat so I let it air dry for a couple of days and took the pin out the about two days ago , and now Gladys ( yes I named my loc ) is puffy at the root.

What should I do?

Please help I really want to succeed in starting this loc!

TIA! Much :wub:
    Rebirth: December 14, 2007, 2 years done, infinite to go!

www.coilsncurls.weebly.com
    AHDIA'S PICS N-JOY (updated 3/9/10) (P/W:lovely)
    http://public.fotki.com/ahdia/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

I'm not actually doing my whole head, I actually want to start just one loc in the back of my head and I started it, I put beeswax in my hair than I twisted it and pinned it up then I put the blow drier on it and I could not handle the heat so I let it air dry for a couple of days and took the pin out the about two days ago , and now Gladys ( yes I named my loc ) is puffy at the root.
    What should I do?

Please help I really want to succeed in starting this loc!

TIA! Much :wub:
    [/b]
    I would suggest using something with a little more hold, but not beeswax. I never liked beeswax because it collects dust and is not water soluble so it collects buildup. I started mine with aloe vera gel. Use a small bit of product, twist it to the root, pin it down and let it dry. It should hold, at least until it gets wet. When I was first starting, I would twist mine all the time out of habit, so they didn't unravel as often as some peoples. Did your lock get wet somehow? it may be puffy already beause you sweat in your head or it somehow got wet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

It probably got wet in the shower since I don't use shower caps anymore but I will try the gel.

Another question when I finally decide to loc my whole head, I will be going to a loctitian to get it started should I still use the gel than or let them use whatever product they have or is thee something else that can also work?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well most persons use gel's or butters as a form of a hold. I know that I do so you can use what works best for you though. Some people don't have a problem with beeswax and butters and gels but some people do. So it's all according to what works best for you. If you trust the person you go to then it should not be a problem with what he/she decides to use but if your a little weary take what you found to be good for your hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever considered doing a braid loc or the nappylocs method. I love those method because you dont have to worry about product and you can start wetting locs from day 1... Just a though. I hope it works out for you... whatever you decide
    There's no time like the present.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever considered doing a braid loc or the nappylocs method. I love those method because you dont have to worry about product and you can start wetting locs from day 1... Just a though. I hope it works out for you... whatever you decide
    [/b]
    Ok I know what braid locs are but what is the nappylocs method, I looked in your album, great locs by the way, and I couldn't really tell what the method was

FYI - you should try not to be so close to your head when taking the pictures, my pictures usually come out that way when I am too close or unnecessary flash

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nappylocs.com is helful but nappylocs is basically starting locs by latching. Thanks for the FYI on taking pics, you must have just looked at the first album LOL I finally got a new camera so I think from month 3-4 and on the pics are alot better. Take Care
    There's no time like the present.