Thread: Microbraids

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really wanting me some microcraid locs. I like the look of SisterLocks, but cannot afford them.

I usually wear my hair in mini braids, not micro braids.
    But I can do it.

Cheleski68, you say you have about 400 in your head?

How long did it take to put them in?

That is about twice as many as I usually do.

But that is the look I want.
    I'm thinking if I do them that small, then it will take me a good week to do .

Probably in the next week I'll get them done.

I'll be back with so many questions.
    [/b]

hmm....sorry...i didnt get any email notices that there were new posts
    it took 18 hours-from friday pm to sat night

im startin with micro braids as well
    my ends are curly
    i spritz them every morning with h20 and EVOO
    somtimes my ends seem to get tangled
    should i untangle them?
    [/b]

with your fingers, it's fine to untangle the individual braids-but leave the ends alone so they can seal....if they ever do

another question::

my braids (the stem) are gettin fuzzy....
    do i leave them alone?
    [/b]

please-shhhhh-they're locking let them b

good questions! read my blog-it really will address alot of your concerns-make sure you go back to august 2006!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm....sorry...i didnt get any email notices that there were new posts
    it took 18 hours-from friday pm to sat night
    with your fingers, it's fine to untangle the individual braids-but leave the ends alone so they can seal....if they ever do
    please-shhhhh-they're locking let them b

good questions! read my blog-it really will address alot of your concerns-make sure you go back to august 2006!
    [/b]

thanks thats what i thought.....for some reason i love my fuzzy braids... it add character to my hair...

off to revisit ur blog
    fotki.com/hampton

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started my braidlocks in July of 07' with hair that was 10 to 12 inches long. Now the one thing that U noticed is that my kitchen area has completely locked however everywhere else my ends are still not sealed which I am accustomed to. Now the one thing that is beginning to bug me is that the I can see the braided pattern in a lot of my locs, and the braid pattern is loose or has kind of opened up. \

My hair has bunched so bad in some parts that it went from a nine inch braid loc to a 2 inch loc with a knopt at the end. I know about the budding process but these honestly didn't look like buds and from what I have seen my hair do in a prior locing experinece, I strecthed one back out and the end actually popped off needless to say I have stopped doing that. :lol:

I thought I saw a post somewhere with you talking about undoing the briaded part and twisting the hair up to the start of the non braided part? Or am I crazy?

I am at a crossroads right now so any advice is appreciated.

Get deliciously Mokalicious with Moka Chic.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi at my 13th month I opened up the braid-but it wasnt a solution because it lengthened the lock again for a moment in time, then it went through the locking process ALL over again, budding, bunching, condensing everything and it's quite a different thickness than the original lock, it bugs me.

so the solution? the jury is still out. i must wait while it changes.here's the link

http://public.fotki.com/cheleski/20-on-up&...n/photo113.html

http://public.fotki.com/cheleski68/2nd-year/13th-month/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi do you think it would work to microbraid 1/3 of the length to start it, and then two strand twist the remaining 2/3?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u can do it anyway you want to..if twisted, it WILL swell up more..i'm dealing with that now as i undid some at my 1yr mark. they are phatter than the other part and expand more than if they were in a lattice

also be aware, that you will have to strengthen the base sooner to support the lock....thats the adv of microbraids. the braid will 'fight' to form a wall to hold the shed hairs that become the lock...2 strands will swell quite a bit. it's all good-just be aware of your options

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:arial">I hope this isn&#39;t looked down upon or anything....but the reason why I wanted to start sisterlocks is because i can start now with my re.laxed ends. Can I do the same thing with microbraid locs? It would be so much cheaper for me and I can get them done quicker rather than waiting till the end of the month for my appt. Plus, I could re tighten them myself. I don&#39;t want to offend anyone or anything, but I&#39;m not ready to chop yet and I&#39;d rather cut little by little. I left a message for you in your fotki album but in case you see this one sooner, I thought I&#39;d ask here too!

ETA: I have about 3-4 inches of new growth and about 2-3 inches of permed ends.
    </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goingallnatural:

You can do that, but you should be aware that they may look a little scraggly when compared to the non chemically treated new growth. In the end it will have to be cut I&#39;m sure...

let us know what you decide!
    http://public.fotki.com/mscocontxus/

pw required

"Make a difference about something other than yourselves."
    --Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve seen a few people start that way here, no one likes them after a 2 or more weeks...the 2 textures, matting and budding with the relaxed ends are just not cute.....sorry

you can start with latched locks/somewhat like sl&#39;s and keep the ends...just know the same thing may happen.

yes,let us know!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<span style="font-family:arial">Ok, thank you for being honest! I&#39;m gonna go with the sisterlocks then! I moved it up to next week instead of the end of the month! I&#39;m so excited about this! Thanks for your help guys!!!</span>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast