Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Okay, I've been searching and searching through threads and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. :unsure: I have a very small bottle of Lavender Oil and a small bottle of 100% Pure Organic Shea Butter combined with Jojoba. I got the shea butter from essentialbalms.com and the lavender from a day spa. Anyway, I'm trying to find some recipes I can create with these products. I don't have anything else to mix with them (except a little honey) so can they be mixed together? With water? I'm looking to make some kind of spritz or something. I'm very new to this homemade hair product thing so any suggestions would be appreciated.
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Fotki pw:Proverbs3:5-6

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I've been searching and searching through threads and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. :unsure: I have a very small bottle of Lavender Oil and a small bottle of 100% Pure Organic Shea Butter combined with Jojoba. I got the shea butter from essentialbalms.com and the lavender from a day spa. Anyway, I'm trying to find some recipes I can create with these products. I don't have anything else to mix with them (except a little honey) so can they be mixed together? With water? I'm looking to make some kind of spritz or something. I'm very new to this homemade hair product thing so any suggestions would be appreciated.
    [/b]
    Musiqluvr1, I am having the same issues. I am trying to deep cleanse as well as create a homemade moisturizer from essential oils. I am about to do my first apple cider vinegar rinse, and I am a little nervous about retwisting without any natural wax. If you have any words of encouragement on that note, I would appreciate your advice. I feel you on the too much research, not enough sound answers tip!! As far as I have found, no two sites provide the same info. It seems to me that if you combine your ingredients with a small amount of water or honey, that you will have your own recipes that should be good for providing moisture, as well as helping the locs to soften without coming undone. I surmised that as long as you are using essential oils and natural ingredients that there really is no true method, as long as it produces favorable response. Good luck.

Sydlicious

Education is National Security!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydlicious, thanks for your input. I'm a brand new transitioner and haven't tried a twist style yet so I apologize for not having anything to share on that point. I think I'm just gonna take a little bit from what I've read so far just using what I have. Right now I don't have $ to buy other ingredients so I'll just make do with what I've got. Thanks, again! :blush:
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Fotki pw:Proverbs3:5-6

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

You can mix the oils with water and make a spritz. Or you can mix the oils with the butter and have a butter for you hair. That is all I can think of

I know this is 3 months old but I just wanted to help
    public.fotki.com/soulsista934 **~Updated September 19th, 2010!~**

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that adding water and making a small batch you would use within a few days to a week would be fine. However, if you are making something you want to use for a while, then don't add water. I believe that it will mold without adding a preservative.
    You can buy a tube of aloe vera gel for about $3 and make shealoe and use the lavender oil to add scent. The aloe adds moisture and has a preservative so it will stay fresh.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy