Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to see my doc about recommendations for a dermatologist. I had this thing about my hair line and thought it looked ridiculous and thin

Anyway she took a look at my hairline. She is a white English woman who gave me a withering look and said "there is nothing wrong with your hairline, everyone has this to some degree and you just need to tidy it up"

She then goes "Even if I were to get you an appointment with Dr Fenton, he would say no too. You have to work with what you have got. Why does everyone feel they need to change themselves these days? You are a healthy young woman..."

I felt like I was being told off at school again. It had never occured to me to comb my hairline as I thought it would be damaging :blush: to it

I know mimicutelips uses elasta qp glaze (which looks good) but what does everyone else used to slick back their edges?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to see my doc about recommendations for a dermatologist. I had this thing about my hair line and thought it looked ridiculous and thin

Anyway she took a look at my hairline. She is a white English woman who gave me a withering look and said "there is nothing wrong with your hairline, everyone has this to some degree and you just need to tidy it up"

She then goes "Even if I were to get you an appointment with Dr Fenton, he would say no too. You have to work with what you have got. Why does everyone feel they need to change themselves these days? You are a healthy young woman..."

I felt like I was being told off at school again. It had never occured to me to comb my hairline as I thought it would be damaging :blush: to it

I know mimicutelips uses elasta qp glaze (which looks good) but what does everyone else used to slick back their edges?
    [/b]
    i have used motions pomade on my edges but lately i have just been using the Organic Root Stimulater Locking Gel that i use when i do two strand twists. hth

Peace and blessings to you and yours.
    I HAVE HIDDEN THY WORD IN MY HEART THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN AGAINST THEE, PSALM 119:11

The Land of Elves, before the time of Men
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally don't use anything to slick my edges. I just put my headband/knee-hi on and tighten. My hair pretty much slicks back on it's own after that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really have laid off of using gels on my edges. i've tried a few and most dried stiff. there's a couple that do dry soft but will not completely flatten them; fantasia IC gel, the green one and couple curl defining gels; tress tranzitions by lottabody and fantasia IC volumizing gel will both dry soft with a light hold.

alot of ladies like plain ole aloe vera gel.

i prefer to use something like vo5 and some water or a good product like qhem's alma oil pomade - a nice soft product.

the hair doesn't really get that cool slicked down look anymore but it does smooth it out enough to look good. I also stopped pulling my puffs back so hard. i use a boar bristle brush to smooth and blend the hairs and add some shine.

try to go easy on your edges sis :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for pulling back puffs, i use a little fantasia ic gel with water.

it doesn't flake or leave my hair hard or sticky.
    <div align="center"><Last Perm - January 16, 2006>

~Big Chop - April 8, 2006~</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let&#39;s Jam (regular - green top) is a conditioning gel and it does not dry hard in my opinion.

Personally, I can&#39;t do puffs at my current twa length so I haven&#39;t tried to slick my hair back. When I do, I will definitely use a natural based gel like Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Moisturizing Jelly.
    LIFE ISN&#39;T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...IT&#39;S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!

Use code CAR231 for $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com.

Kinky Rhonnie&#39;s Hair Album

My Blog - Kinky Rhonnie&#39;s Spot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i damped my hair with water, spray oyin&#39;s greg juice (or frank or j&b) and then brush back. then i may use asha&#39;s shea what pomade or oyin&#39;s burnt sugar pomade on top. holds my hair down like nothing else. shoot, the greg juice alone held my hair down once when that was all i had available. i was pleasantly surprised!
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!