Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone here good at reviviing house plants? I have a peace lily that I bought last summer. It was beautiful, even without flowers through the Cleveland winter, until a few weeks ago. I water it regularly, and it sits in the sun during the day. 90% of the leaves however are green, but drooped over, and won't rise in response to water or sunlight. I even add liquid miracle grow to the water. What could be the problem? I want it to perk up and be ready to bloom this summer.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not really an expert on house plants :unsure: but I would check the soil and perhaps if the weather is nice put your plant on the porch so that it can recieve direct sunlight. I think that I would Google the type of plant that you have, and find out what would revive it this spring!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be root bound. Have you repotted it?

I think that might be what is wrong with my ponytail palm. It is on it last leg all of a sudden.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could it be water logged does the extra water have a way to get out like hole in the pot

did you just move it to the sun if so a plant that has been in the shade can have a bad reaction it places in direct sun light it has to be done gradually (as me how i know)

that all i got

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you moved it into a new place, maybe it's too much direct light. Some house plants are really tropical plants and in their natural habitat would recieve diffused light.
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been checking out gardenweb to help me with my two ailing year old peace lilies. One problem I had was that I fertilized them, which is apparently a no-no. Additionally, the plants weren't getting proper drainage (they were in a wooden decorative pot that doesn't allow good drainage). So for the past two days I've been keeping them on the porch. I also watered them very well and allowed them to fully drain outside. They've perked up. I'm going to groom them and check out other tips to help.
    BC: March 25, 2006 (after a 12 month transition)
    Corkscrews & Coils served on a plate of Kinks & Naps.
    A Nappy Affair III, II, I PW: kinky
    Transitioning Pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just repotted the Lily into a large pot. The soil from the peace lily was very wet. I think the pot it was in didn't let it drain as well as it needed. Hopefully it will perk up . I did read that they don't need direct sunlight and they enjoy a humid environment , so misting them with a spray bottle helps. I'll take pics of now and later (if there is a later to speak of)