Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been trying to position myself to open a beauty supply store, but recently, an opportunity has presented itself to possibly open a juice bar at the hospital that I work at. However, I am coming up short finding a business model that works for me. I only want to sell juices and smoothies. NO FOOD!!! What is the point in making a healthy drink and then sell a fat laden sandwich with it? Anyway, all I can find is models that feature an entire restaraunt. All I am trying to do is have a simple juice bar/cart type of deal with a couple of juicers and a couple of blenders. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get started? TIA

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been trying to position myself to open a beauty supply store, but recently, an opportunity has presented itself to possibly open a juice bar at the hospital that I work at. However, I am coming up short finding a business model that works for me. I only want to sell juices and smoothies. NO FOOD!!! What is the point in making a healthy drink and then sell a fat laden sandwich with it? Anyway, all I can find is models that feature an entire restaraunt. All I am trying to do is have a simple juice bar/cart type of deal with a couple of juicers and a couple of blenders. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to get started? TIA
    [/b]
    Check out Jamba Juice!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out Jamba Juice!
    [/b]
    The problem with Jamba Juise is that they are sooooo bad for you. I was thinking gmore of a juice bar that was made from real fruit that is good for you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with Jamba Juise is that they are sooooo bad for you. I was thinking gmore of a juice bar that was made from real fruit that is good for you.
    [/b]
    I will not find a business model that fits your plans perfectly. So why don't you use the business model from Jamba Juice or some other juice bar as the base for creating your own unique business model.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out Arden's gardens. Fresh fruit and smoothies. it's a start. Good luck.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

[/b]
    Agreed but their business model is clearly highly effective so you can still learn a lot from them, probably. And then make better products and run them out of business! :yes:

But for now I was thinking your idea sounds more like those juice/elixir bars that a lot of gyms/spas have in them so maybe see if you can contact some owners of those types of businesses to find out what you need to know about starting up, etc.

I have a friend who owns a juice bar in Portland...seems like he got it up and running and doing well quite quickly and his is stand alone (not inside another venue). So yeah... very do-able business. Best of luck!

- Tania :afro: