Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

I've discovered micro twists and am loving them! Ive been wearing them for a week now, and am thinking I'd like to rock twists till August or so.

My question is, can I wear these for 4 weeks then re-twist them all over again every 4 weeks (without combing etc) until August? Just unravel and re-twist one by one? Cos I was thinking the hair wouldnt loc this way and I could still wear the twists for a long time.

Has anyone done this? Did it work out or was the hair mad knotted and dry?

Is there a way of getting round this? I know washes have to be factored in somewhere somehow - any tip as to how and how often?

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I'm amazed how some people manage to wear braided extensions forever with no washes and their hair is cool and grows just fine.

Thanks chicas!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this could work, but if you are going to go through the trouble of untwisting, then go ahead and at least finger comb or brush the sections of hair before you retwist. This ensures that you are removing accumulated shed hair that will later become a problem for you otherwise.

Do you plan on washing?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Delusious!! Washing, I'm not sue, was hoping for tips on this. I read some threads that said washing twists tangles them up, and others can wash theirs just fine. As I'm new to the micros I'm not sure what would be best for me.
    Ideally I'd like clean hair so is it possible to wash while in twists then let them dry over one day then do the unravel re-twist thing the next day? Or just spritz the hair weekly so it doesnt get dry but not enough to frizz it? Iono!!! Please help!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micros are a fave of mine. I wouldn't suggest wearing them straight through to August though because they put a lot of tension on your edges. You should give your hair at least one to two weeks to recover before re-braiding. Its also a good idea to de-tangle after removing each braid. If you used human hair you should have no problem washing them just as regularly as you do your hair.

Hope this helps ^_^

Oo! forgot. When your hair is braided in such small parts your scalp is almost constantly exposed to the air. Its a good idea to oil the scalp regularly (I did every other day and washed once a week after the first week and had no problems with itching or dryness).

Ok, finished :-D
    <div align="center">FOTKI heaven! </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micros are a fave of mine. I wouldn&#39;t suggest wearing them straight through to August though because they put a lot of tension on your edges. You should give your hair at least one to two weeks to recover before re-braiding. Its also a good idea to de-tangle after removing each braid. If you used human hair you should have no problem washing them just as regularly as you do your hair.

Hope this helps ^_^

Oo! forgot. When your hair is braided in such small parts your scalp is almost constantly exposed to the air. Its a good idea to oil the scalp regularly (I did every other day and washed once a week after the first week and had no problems with itching or dryness).

Ok, finished :-D
    [/b]
    Thanks Happytobe. I didnt make it clear but I am not using any hair with mine, I have twisted just my own hair, no extensions. Do you have any recommendations for washing twisted hair?

Appreciate all responses!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done microtwists back to back for about a month now. My original intent was to leave one set in for about one month and then take them down and redo. They get way to fuzzy by week 2.5 so that&#39;s when I take them down and start over. I guess it would be okay to redo them one at a time. I&#39;ve never had any trouble with breakage. Are you using your own hair or are you adding extensions. This may make a diff. You really have to find what works best for your hair. It will tell you. Good luck.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satin bonnet and or silk/satin pillowcase may help to control frizzy hair somewhat. Satin bonnets are a great product imo.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...KNW/weight.png

ALL HAIR IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING! </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! so sorry. Yeah, my micro twists only last about a week before unraveling *_* I keep them spritzed dai

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! so sorry. Yeah, my micro twists only last about a week before unraveling *_* I keep them spritzed daily (water and some left over Carol&#39;s Daughter Black Vanilla leave in). Give&#39;s em bulk. I can only wash them right before I take them out though. Gotta work on that...
    <div align="center">FOTKI heaven! </div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I do my twists I get concerned about having a permanent parts sort to speak so I personally like to change where the parts are for the twists. I have done the twist, hand comb re-twist thing for a few times in the same spot. Then get a really good wash/conditioner and put the parts in different ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast