a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choose your group, state your starting length, products you use, etc.

I will join the Red Group.
    My starting length is 6-6.5".
    Products and Routine: I use shealoe to twist with on wet hair. I wash my twists weekly with Dr. Bronner's, take them down one at a time and redo each twist. I rinse my hair and co-wash with VO5 between shampooings. I spritz my hair with mixture of Suave conditioner, olive oil, and water to freshen up the twists.
    I basically wear twists continuosly and I plan to go longer than 2 weeks before I wear my hair out again.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay everybody, i retract my group...Can i do that? :unsure: i would like to be Silver & Gold! because im going to get cornrows this saturday and plan to get those redone every 3 weeks for the rest of the summer(thank goodness i know a girl from my old high school that does it for $25)... i might get Kinky Twists in august..my hair Needs this because it broke off horrible when i got micros!....i have in two-strand twists currently (that i did last night)....Sorry about that everyone.. :wub:
    sadly I've been Enjoying my puffs to much, i think the reason im having a problem going back to protective styles is because i've been natural for 4.5 years and in ALL those years i've ALWAYS wore weaved braids and Twists..never ever wore my hair out for more than 3 days (and that long was rare), Now im finally proud of my napps and with the helpful routines on this Board my hair is No longer Brittle, or dryed out, my hair doesn't shed much at ALL, Practically At all and it feels as if its growing fine...and my puff flys free in the wind..(ok now im gettin' cheesy :rolleyes: )..

BUT i will make myself start bunning and twisting/Braiding soon, SAY... mid-end of this month!..REALLY i will...Mid TO end of this month! -

put me in the Red/ Green Group
    [/b]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/tt1989/"]http://public.fotki.com/tt1989/[/url] **UPDATED AUGUST 11th 2008**

My Challenges:

[url="http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122256&st=0&gopid=2080297&#entry2080297"]http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.ph...7&#entry2080297[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay everybody, i retract my group...Can i do that? :unsure: i would like to be Silver & Gold! because im going to get cornrows this saturday and plan to get those redone every 3 weeks for the rest of the summer(thank goodness i know a girl from my old high school that does it for $25)... i might get Kinky Twists in august..my hair Needs this because it broke off horrible when i got micros!....i have in two-strand twists currently (that i did last night)....Sorry about that everyone.. :wub:
    [/b]
    no problem at all! that's great!
    [img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc242/jamgirl/RandomPictures152.jpg[/img]
    [color=#660000]I rock ruff and stuff in my bantu knots.

[SIZE=2]my album-randomly updated-no password required[/color]!![/SIZE]
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/jamgirl9105/natural-hair-folder/"]http://public.fotki.com/jamgirl9105/natural-hair-folder/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey GalaxyGirl, why do you get to have a group all to yourself? Just Kidding! Happy SPSB yall.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...KNW/weight.png

ALL HAIR IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING! </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey GalaxyGirl, why do you get to have a group all to yourself? Just Kidding! Happy SPSB yall.
    [/b]
    cus i&#39;m that kid in camp who gets poison ivy and has to have a whole building to themselves :P

o just put some flat twists in the front and extensions in the back, but for real it&#39;s too hoy out to have hair on my neck so i dunno in 2 weeks i might take these out and rock the celie braids because i should have some headwraps by then.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i&#39;m jumping on the band wagon pretty late but I just found this challenge and I am really excited to join. I wanna do the red challange. My greatest weakness is not being to wear my afro. That&#39;s the only thing that has over and over again stopped me from locking my hair But i think I can go two weeks I usually wash it every two weeks with a mixture of baking soda, lavender essential oils and ylang ylang eo. this mixed with about 2 - 3 cups of water then apple cider as my rinse. aloe vera, shea is my conditioner and i spray it with honey, lemon aloe vera, distilled water and my choice of essential oil for the week.My hair loves the aloe vera. ^_^ I am wanting to add glycerin to my weekly spritz. Right now my hair is 4 in in the front 5 in on the sides and 4 in in the back.my protective style will be 2 strand twists. wish me luck

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on. I don&#39;t get my hair braided until Saturday.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...KNW/weight.png

ALL HAIR IS GOOD FOR SOMETHING! </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;ll join. this winter&#39;s protective styles really filled in my hairline and totally helped me retain length. i&#39;m having trouble wearing my hair out when its not stretched. my hair reaches the tip of my nose in front and is about 4 inches everywhere else.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign me up! I have no choice. My stylist has put me on a monthly style because of the damage I have done to my hair... so SLIVER GROUP

Length = umm idk, maybe shoulder length in back , below ears on side. and nose length in front

products = Kera Care shampoo and conditioner(1/month) Blue magic indian hemp (1/week), EVOO (as needed), Sea breeze (for itchy scalp), satin hair bonnet

style - two stand twist
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage
    <span style="color:red">ATTENTION: UPDATE: sept 06

deedabug is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn&#39;t put a current length. bra strap on the longest sections. Other sections, I don&#39;t know and it&#39;s too early. I&#39;m between at least 13-16 inches my entire head.

I didn&#39;t get the extensions. I found the synthetic hair may cause problems and I&#39;m too cheap to buy human hair when I grow my own.

My products are:

liquid hair mayonnaise 1x a week.
    wild growth oil mid shaft to ends 3 or 4x a week with shea butter detangling lotion
    hair mayonnaise in the jar for deep conditioning every two weeks

and I got burt bee&#39;s something and sugar beet shampoo for every 3rd deep conditioning and co-wash night to do something about my dusty scalp and build up

also just got burdock root powder and chamomile tea for my scalp that gets crusty to use every other wash and amla powder..all will be mixed with hot water to make a tea.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast