Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ladies, it's been a very long time since I have been on. But I need help. I am still natural, but honestly it's not healthly and I don't know where to start. It seems like ever since I was preg my hair hasn't responded to the routine and products that I used before. And now I am preg again, I can't let y hair continue to go like this. I am in process of finding a natural stylist in my area, and i will see how that goes. But what do you do when your hair isn't responding. I have went w/o oils, and w/oils. I try to only use natural products. But my scalp is sore and itchy and the front of my hair is breaking off again from pulling it back so much... and my hair is super dry and britle.

The only thing I haven't tried it going back to co-washes... but I am not sure that will help.

any advice is welcomed
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage
    <span style="color:red">ATTENTION: UPDATE: sept 06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ladies, it&#39;s been a very long time since I have been on. But I need help. I am still natural, but honestly it&#39;s not healthly and I don&#39;t know where to start. It seems like ever since I was preg my hair hasn&#39;t responded to the routine and products that I used before. And now I am preg again, I can&#39;t let y hair continue to go like this. I am in process of finding a natural stylist in my area, and i will see how that goes. But what do you do when your hair isn&#39;t responding. I have went w/o oils, and w/oils. I try to only use natural products. But my scalp is sore and itchy and the front of my hair is breaking off again from pulling it back so much... and my hair is super dry and britle.

The only thing I haven&#39;t tried it going back to co-washes... but I am not sure that will help.

any advice is welcomed
    [/b]
    Please list your current routine

Stop pulling your hair back. Frequent washing and deep conditioning maybe twice weekly. Try co-washing again but make sure you do use some washing agent for your scalp to keep it clean. I don&#39;t know what products your using but it may be time to change them. Pregnancy changes your body chemistry (i&#39;&#39;m pregnant too). If you haven&#39;t already make yourself a daily spritz moisturizer.
    [color=#993300][b]Current-BSL
    Goal- MBL[/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please list your current routine

Stop pulling your hair back. Frequent washing and deep conditioning maybe twice weekly. Try co-washing again but make sure you do use some washing agent for your scalp to keep it clean. I don&#39;t know what products your using but it may be time to change them. Pregnancy changes your body chemistry (i&#39;&#39;m pregnant too). If you haven&#39;t already make yourself a daily spritz moisturizer.
    [/b]
    I wash my hair 1.week with Melauca Herbal shampoo

I use a suave conditoner. Then I apply olive oil or tea tree oil to my hair and style.

That&#39;s it...

when I wear twist, I usually try to rinse every 2-3 days.

I think now I need to either wear my har out or in twist so that I can keep my scalp clean. It&#39;s so itchy and sore now. Not sure if its dry or build up.
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage

cutenappygrl Guest

I know it&#39;s difficult to develop a routine when your scalp needs special attention. I am going through that right now w/ dandruff issues. What i&#39;m doing is wearing a shrunken fro constantly. I shampoo (w/really harsh dandruff shampoo I might add), do an acv rinse , comb detangle and oil my scalp once a week. Daily I water rinse and scrub my scalp w/ and detangle w/my fingers. I apply a little olive oil on my ends. I might do a weak acv rinse mid week when the dandruff is really kicking in. So far so good. This routine has been saving my hair. One important thing to remember is not to do a lot of combing and detangle when your hair is too dry or recovering b/c this will lead to more breakage - just be gentle during this time period.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One important thing to remember is not to do a lot of combing and detangle when your hair is too dry or recovering b/c this will lead to more breakage - just be gentle during this time period.
    [/b]
    Didn&#39;t think about that. Thought it would be better if I removed the hair... dunno what I was thinking. That just tells you 5yrs of natural doesn&#39;t mean you know everything....

I can treat my scalp and hair. Mostly thru trial and error, but what stlye works best?

My Webpage

cutenappygrl Guest

what about double strand twists or box braids some people are able to wash their twists/braids w/o them unravelling. They are good styles that allow you to maintain your scalp as well. I know some people can put in their twists/box braids and keep them for roughly a month by redoing them every couple of weeks and finger detangling as they redo each one. It&#39;s a pretty gentle styling routine. And there&#39;s always the rinse/wash-n-go - you just finger detangle in the shower and finger comb into shape. I do this every morning and use a light oil on my scalp applied w/ an applicator bottle. HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the suggestion. iwas re-visiting some of my friends on fotki and I remembered Melanizm had a braid set that was super cute. I am going to a stylist tomorrow (hopefully) and that&#39;s what i will have her do.

My Webpage

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get fewer twists to unravel when I wash them by concentrating on my scalp and roots of my hair. And wash the ends of the twists gently.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ladies for all your help and suggestions. I did go to the salon on Sat. She said I had been neglecting to give my hair the moisture it needed. She did a deep condtioning treatment and twisted my hair. I will go back to her in 4 weeks for another treatment. She is so into the totally health of your hair...she was God send for sure!

My Webpage

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

olive oil and tea tree are not moisturizers. i would think that tea tree would be very drying to hair since it tends to be drying on skin. also ifyou dont have any issues where you&#39;d need a disinfectant like tea tree then why the heck are you using it? that&#39;s what&#39;s probably making your scalp sensitive. plus most essential oils are -and especially tea tree - are not to be used when you&#39;re pregnant.

i think the olive oil would be OK for a moisture sealant but you aren&#39;;t putting any moisture on your hair for it to seal so it&#39;s keeping moisture out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast