Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for you to really accept your napps? It took me a long time, but I absolutely love my napps.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for you to really accept your napps? It took me a long time, but I absolutely love my napps.
    [/b]
    I've always accepted my naps. It was other people who didn't.

cuteazz1 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really "hated" my napps even while permed.My Older sister gave me my first Chemical treatment when I was too young to protest or know any better.I hated the P.erm every since,but never my napps.
    Since my BC I struggle to style my hair and to find the right products,but I know that its a journey that I have to go through.

I REALLY hate my hair being short and I wish that I would have transitioned other than that I'm good with my Nappy. :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always like it but people teased my braids. And started getting too old for them. i tried braids outs but i didnt know how to do em. I just learn that you have to put a product in the for them to stay. So i went to the shop so that they would do it and i wouldnt have to worry about it. plus she said she would make it grow if i kept coming to her. which i did. She and the other hair dresser would always say how i had beautiful and i started see it to. So i stopped going to get it straightened lol.

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had negative feelings toward my new growth, so I accepted my naps from the day I decided to stop perming. Maybe I accepted my hair so quickly because I was determined to go natural and nothing was going to change my mind.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-signing mymy...I was so anxious to be done with the CFC that acceptance was pretty much a given.

I was going to come in here joking, "I STILL haven't accepted my naps," but then I realized that while I feel I've always accepted my hair texture, and in fact have been pleasantly surprised by what it can do, I don't always accept my LENGTH with this texture, and that's something completely different.

At this length (one month shy of one year since my latest BC) the only styles that look good on me are the brushed-out 'fro and the ('fro, twistout, braidout) puff. I really wanted to wear twists this summer but they're just not worth the effort right now IMO. Unlike every other time I've grown my hair out, I'm now hip to the fact that I must wear my hair in stretched styles if I don't want to spend tons of time detangling.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just bc'd last week so i have a twa. i dont have a problem with accepting my napps, per se, it is more of the length and not having any other way to style it. wraps and scarves get old.

now i have to learn to accept this massive shrinkage!
    Gather on the hill. Two hearts up in the sky. Celebrate your life. Say I love you. ~Badu

Twittah: @Snook_Deezy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took me a few months to not trying to make it do what it can't when I first started taking care of my hair myself. I've been natural my whole life, so being nappy has always just been me too.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think acceptance was my problem, but learning how to take care of them was a challenge. After cutting off my locs I was at a loss as to how to care or style my nappy hair because I always paid someone else to do it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't exactly the naps it took me to get over. It was more or less the lost length. Slowly but surely, I'm gaining that back but it took some sistas on here to make me realize health was most important.

Okay okay. I am still a bit length obsessed :P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast