Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided to start my transitioning process and plan to transition till I feel comfortable with the length of my natural hair.

I am very busy and lack knowledge in styling my own hair but I hope that I will be able to break these poor habbits and gain experience in styling my own hair soon . However I was hoping to just braid my hair with extensions during the entire transitioning process. If I want to keep my hair braided is it possible for me to wash and condition my hair while my hair is braided or would I have to wait every month to remove my braids and then condition.

I have read various articles but none of really emphazized a clear cut pattern that I could follow during my transtioning period. I am wondering if my monthly schedule would consist of braiding my hair, washing and conditioning ever two weeks, deep conditioning every now and then....

I really am just confused were to start and would really like a clear a concise schedule that I could follow. Does anyone have any experience with just maintaining braids during their transtioning period such as micros and if so what type of product schedule did you follow?...

[color=#000066][b]Last CFC April 2008.... [/b] [/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is different. So you may need to make your own path. I made the mistake by going to a hair shop to get my hair twisted. It was $65 and I looked horriable. I felt taken for my money. Experiment with your own hair. I have learned that lesson.
    I try to use Aveda products, or anything natural.
    This is a great site to find information and also U- tube.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, i don't think anyone will be able to give a clear concise schedule to follow.

However, I can tell you that keeping your hair in braid extentions is a good way to transition and many folks here have done it. I wore micro braids for most of my transition and had no ill effects.

HTH!
    I think you might want to wash (with shampoo every two-four weeks) and co-wash (wash with conditioner only) frequently. (Which can be anywhere from everyday to once a week)

You can and should definitely wash, condition, deep condition and moisturize your hair while in extenstions of any kind.
    <div align="center">[color=#CC33CC]You&#39;ve OFFICIALLY been chopped and screwed![/color]</div>

[img]http://manolomen.com/images/barack-obama-in-bowling-shoes.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there I see its your first post welcome to NP, Im currently in Kinky twists and I wash my hair with shampoo (Dr. Bonner&#39;s Castile soap) once every week or week in a half. I condition wash (VO5) my hair 2 or 3 times a week, usually whenever I come from the gym. To wash my hair I usually dilute the shampoo in a water bottle and pour it onto my scalp and use the pads of my fingers to scrub and remove dirt and then rinse through , I also dilute the conditioner in a bottle and pour that on my scalp and then slather on conditioner right onto my actual twists. I&#39;ve taken down a few of them( in my fotki) and my hair is flourishing with this routine and very strong and healthy. But this works for me, I also seal with castor oil after I moisturize them after every wash. I HTH ask more question if need be
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I transitioned with braids and got them re-done every 2-3 months, BUT would get the front edges touched up more frequently. I definitely washed every 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
    My Travel Blog | October 2007 Napptural of the Month (still looking for the link)

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."
    ~Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is different. I transitioned with sets and micros... Make sure you read the articles about transitioning. They are very helpful.

Good Luck to you
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage
    <span style="color:red">ATTENTION: UPDATE: sept 06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping to just braid my hair with extensions during the entire transitioning process. If I want to keep my hair braided is it possible for me to wash and condition my hair while my hair is braided or would I have to wait every month to remove my braids and then condition.
    [/b]
    I had my hair braided for almost 2 years in a row. Yes you can wash your braids but I wouldn&#39;t recommend conditioning extenstions. I did that too and it leaves too much residue which makes the hair hard and harder te remove extentions. you can do hot oil treatments though. That will leave the braids and hair supple.
    I am wondering if my monthly schedule would consist of braiding my hair, washing and conditioning ever two weeks, deep conditioning every now and then....
    I really am just confused were to start and would really like a clear a concise schedule that I could follow. Does anyone have any experience with just maintaining braids during their transtioning period such as micros and if so what type of product schedule did you follow?...
    [/b]
    You should start where you are most comfortable. If you need more guideance check out my book Going natural How to fall in Love with Nappy hair. A schedule suggestion is included:

http://going-natural.com/index.php?option=...=369&Itemid=249