^^^^ that would make my hair ACHE and turn into a brillo pad

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(dont know if anyone has said this yet but...) go check out the homemade hair products forum. as you go along in your process, you will realize that there may be very few things that you use that is a commerical brand. and like GG has already said, vo5 is good shampoo/condish that is cheap and works really well if you add your own ingredients (honey, oils, etc).

nappynelle's link helps as well. also check out things that are pinned in the homemade forum

hth
    Gather on the hill. Two hearts up in the sky. Celebrate your life. Say I love you. ~Badu

Twittah: @Snook_Deezy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New2Napptural: Thank you for the spritz recipe, can I get those ingredients at the local hair shop?[/b]
    You can use any conditioner and olive oil from walmart. You will have to get the glycerin and essential oil drops at a health food store, whole foods, gnc, the vitamin shoppe, etc. Walmart does sell a glycerin near the alcohol and peroxide in the health section but it is not vegetable based. You can also use honey in place of glycerin and the essential oil is optional, not mandatory. Play around and try different things out to see what works for you.

also i think new2napptural forgot one ingredient in the spritz recipe: WATER :P[/b]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, that is a very important ingreadient. Thanks GG.
    LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...IT'S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!

Use code CAR231 for $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com.

Kinky Rhonnie's Hair Album

My Blog - Kinky Rhonnie's Spot

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also going thru a "dry" spell with my hair. Here's what I started last week. I am going to try to do this all summer and see what happens.

shampoo monthly with Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo, condition afterwards with Keracare Humecto conditioner. Twist my hair. Using cremy mositurize and the seal with EVOO.

I will use my moisturzer weekly and sleep in a satin bonnet (I was so bad a just going to bed w/o doing anything to my hair!!!)

I will see how it goes. I saw instant results after using the conditoner.
    Hebrew 10:23 - Let us hold unswervingly to hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. </span>

My Webpage
    <span style="color:red">ATTENTION: UPDATE: sept 06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ledavis1: what kind of shampoo & conditioner do you use? (thank u about the wedsite)

[/b]

You&#39;re welcome! For co-washes, I use Aussie Moist. It has cones in it but it works very well for my hair. I have tried other conditioners but, this one works the best for me. For deep conditions, I use an ORS replenishing pack mixed with honey and olive oil. And, I haven&#39;t used their hair mayo in a while but, I like that too. Shampoo, I use Anita Grant&#39;s babassu bar but, if you are looking for something that you can buy in the store, I have been dying to try Aubrey Organics shampoo. Lots of the ladies on this site are fond of it. All of the above mentioned shampoos and conditioners (minus the Anita Grant) can be found at Target. I have pictures of the shampoos and conditioners that I currently use in my fotki.
    ~ Last chemical fire cream: October 2006 ~
    ~ Big Chop: July 3, 2007 ~
    ~ 3 years NAPPY and oh so HAPPY ~

I finally have a Fotki! http://public.fotki.com/SChiLady/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

You ladies are awesome!!!!

I never realized how complex hair care could be. I am surprised my hair has grown so much considering how badly I have been neglecting it.

Since my fiance has a fear of leaving the house on Friday the 13th, he can babysit and I can go to whole foods and Sallys and browse the aisles for my newfound hair recipes...

I am excited & grateful. ^_^

Thank you so much.
    [url="http://www.twitter.com/ForRevolution"]Follow Me Twitter[/url]

[color=#333399][i][SIZE=1]I am breaking the chains of insecurity, they stole my today, they don't deserve to rob my tomorrow.[/color][/i][/SIZE]

[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/9/988231.png[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12