Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to burn my hair straight the other night to do a trim and I have the kind of hair that will not press or straighten without chemicals. I refuse to ever chemical alter my hair again, any suggestions on how to burn my hair straight, or if I should?

I would appreciate your comments

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to burn my hair straight the other night to do a trim and I have the kind of hair that will not press or straighten without chemicals. I refuse to ever chemical alter my hair again, any suggestions on how to burn my hair straight, or if I should?

[/b]
    try cutting your hair while in box braids..it'll be simplier and cause less damage..just make sure the braids are small
    I have "Good hair" ...we got African in our family my first Fotki!!! with new updates!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    "Burn" your hair straight? You mean p.ress your hair straight, right? I've never heard of anyone having hair that will not straighten without chemicals...you need to find someone to do it right for you but this is not the place for that discussion.
    <div align="center">THE FOTKI IS HERE!! => http://public.fotki.com/bald-headed/</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use this website&#39;s search function to find out how to trim your hair without burning it.

This website doesn&#39;t allow talk about pressing, so this is the wrong place to ask. There&#39;s loads of other forums that can advise you but you won&#39;t get it here.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asimmons, nappturality is not the place to talk about or get advice on how to straighten your hair. Its specifically against the rules You risk permantely burning your hair straight when you use heat to straighten your hair. You should check out the heat and blowdry archives for more information about the perils of straightening nappy hair.

The good thing is that it isn&#39;t neccessary to straighten your hair to get a good cut or trim. :yes:

Lots of folks trim their hair while it is in twists. I have tried that method and it worked well for me. Some folks stretch their hair first by banding, braiding or twisting and then cut/trim in sections. Others cut their or have their hair cut while wet.

Here is a youtube vid demostrating how to cut nappy hair.
    <div align="center">[color=#CC33CC]You&#39;ve OFFICIALLY been chopped and screwed![/color]</div>

[img]http://manolomen.com/images/barack-obama-in-bowling-shoes.jpg[/img]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Burn" your hair straight? You mean p.ress your hair straight, right? I&#39;ve never heard of anyone having hair that will not straighten without chemicals...you need to find someone to do it right for you but this is not the place for that discussion.
    [/b]
    The reason her post says "burn" is because it&#39;s filtered to show the founder&#39;s stance on straightening your hair, with or without chemicals.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason her post says "burn" is because it&#39;s filtered to show the founder&#39;s stance on straightening your hair, with or without chemicals.
    [/b]
    Which words filter to burn -- p.ress or straighten? Sometimes I forget and I&#39;m going through caffeine withdrawal. :P
    <div align="center">THE FOTKI IS HERE!! => http://public.fotki.com/bald-headed/</div>

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

The point, tho, is what B.I.T. said -

It&#39;s against NP.com&#39;s mission and rules to discuss heat straightening.

Personal opinion - your hair isn&#39;t taking to p.ressin.g, it&#39;s trying to tell you something: STOP!

Do a search and you&#39;ll find many trimming methods that do not involve heat.

- Tania :afro: