tangytic is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already heard stories in Florida, and Georgia that have already given access for licensed gun owners to take their guns into state parks, restaurants that serve alcohol, and public transportation. This is all very interesting what does this mean for america in your opinion?

http://www.planostar.com/articles/2008/07/...ier/news/25.txt
    http://chicagoist.com/attachments/ch...5_11_obama.jpg[img]

The only Hope I have to help me deal with all this drama is, this year in November, I'll be cheering for OBAMA! - Mary J & Big Boi

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in GA and the ban was lifted yesterday. I see the good and bad in it. Good being that maybe it'll make criminals think twice about committing a crime against someone because of the chances that they become a victim themselves. Bad being that now there's going to be a lot of people walking around with guns that, even though they may have licenses to carry them, have never had the need to walk around in public with them before. Also, when someone feels threatened and they have their gun and shoot at the perpetrator, they need to know that wherever that bullet goes, they are responsible for it. If I feel threatened and I pull out my gun and shoot, that bullet may very well whiz past the perpetrator and hit someone else, and I have to be prepared for that to happen. Plus, there are a lot of people who have gun licenses and feel that a few days a month at the gun range will give them enough skill and knowledge to operate a gun if something goes down. People may take matters into their own hands when they need to let the police, who are trained to shoot at people, handle it. And if your a police officer and you come up on a scene and you see two people pointing guns at each other, how will you know who's the good guy or the bad guy?

In Atlanta, the airport has stated that regardless of the law, anyone caught with a gun will be arrested. I would be mad a heck to be stuck in security with tons of people having guns on them and the detectors going off.