Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I had not messed up my credit so badly in the past 5-6 years. I am having such a difficult time buying a car. I need to fix my credit, starting now. But how?!?!
    fotki: naturallykristin
    Napptural since November 2007
    3 big chops - most recent: April 2012
    Locs started: March 2, 2013 (started and maintained by interlocking)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naturallykristin View Post
    I wish I had not messed up my credit so badly in the past 5-6 years. I am having such a difficult time buying a car. I need to fix my credit, starting now. But how?!?!
    Getting a secured credit card will help building a positive credit history. I would also check out www.creditboards.com reading the posts there helped me understand and take the steps towards getting my credit in order some years back.

my random thought: sooooo...am I the only person that didnt know AAA members got a discount at UPS? (5% generally, and 15% for "select services"!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm suppose to be saving and paying down bills with the extra money I'm earning, but....

I'm getting a tablet at the end of this month. My reasoning is that I can use it for work (e-library and worksheet ideals) and for learning my languages on my downtime. Plus, I just want a tablet for the heck of it!
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    I know I'm suppose to be saving and paying down bills with the extra money I'm earning, but....

I'm getting a tablet at the end of this month. My reasoning is that I can use it for work (e-library and worksheet ideals) and for learning my languages on my downtime. Plus, I just want a tablet for the heck of it!
    I also want to buy a tablet! I could really use one for school and work and since I hate transporting my $1000+ macbook everywhere...

Which tablet are you looking at?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by assia View Post
    I also want to buy a tablet! I could really use one for school and work and since I hate transporting my $1000+ macbook everywhere...

Which tablet are you looking at?
    I did research for a long while and I ordered the Coby 7in tablet for $129. For the price, features, and GB size, it was a great deal for me 4.0 android system, can play visual novel games & youtube videos, skype, SD slot...I can't wait for it to come this week! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I brought a Nexus 7 seven inch case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    ^^ i was about to do the same but i think i might just a real big phone instead.
    I was looking at the samsung galaxy note, but changed my mind in a quick minute. I don't think I want to spend a lot on a tablet-like phone AND the required $50/month phone bill. I still adore my simple prepaid phone. I actually video chat and text way more than call on the phone.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    I did research for a long while and I ordered the Coby 7in tablet for $129. For the price, features, and GB size, it was a great deal for me 4.0 android system, can play visual novel games & youtube videos, skype, SD slot...I can't wait for it to come this week! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I brought a Nexus 7 seven inch case as well.

No reviews? You've got courage! Tell us how it functions when you get it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savantrice View Post
    Getting a secured credit card will help building a positive credit history. I would also check out www.creditboards.com reading the posts there helped me understand and take the steps towards getting my credit in order some years back.
    Thank you!! I am waiting for payday so I can deposit the $300 my bank requires for the secured credit card. I will definitely check out creditboards.com now!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the same boat trying to get my credit up. I started This Thread with the same questions. I got a secured $500 credit card from my bank. But I DID NOT USE IT AS CREDIT. I used it as CASH. Meaning I only used it for what I had money for. When I use dit for a $5 coffe I immediately paid for it as soon as it posted on the account. In the 2 years I had it, I never paid any interest on my card because I paid it off. I now have an almost perfect score and I owe it to using that card in a responsible manner. I now have 2 credit cards (that I use for work and travel expenses). But I've been faithfully sticking to the 'use them like cash' mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallykristin View Post
    Last hit of creamy crack: 11/24/09
    BC: 10/26/2010
    Staples: Shealoe, EVOO, CO, Jojoba oil, HE HH, Avg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissChelle View Post
    I was in the same boat trying to get my credit up. I started This Thread with the same questions. I got a secured $500 credit card from my bank. But I DID NOT USE IT AS CREDIT. I used it as CASH. Meaning I only used it for what I had money for. When I use dit for a $5 coffe I immediately paid for it as soon as it posted on the account. In the 2 years I had it, I never paid any interest on my card because I paid it off. I now have an almost perfect score and I owe it to using that card in a responsible manner. I now have 2 credit cards (that I use for work and travel expenses). But I've been faithfully sticking to the 'use them like cash' mentality.
    Thank you! That's a great idea!! I am so excited about fixing my credit.