Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are some sisters out there that are opposed to "european hair care" tools and products. Many of them will deny the use of brushes, combs, scissors along with irons, flaming hot tools of hair torture and blow dryers.

Are you sisters out there?

I've went months without combing or doing any kind of "detangling" for a couple of reasons:
    1) I don't like seeing hair breakage
    2) I like my curl texture
    3) I don't find combing neccessary, I just part my hair with my fingers if needed.

I recently made a video of me combing my hair after months of not doing so.
    (The video can be found )

After the video, my hair was all detangled, it was kind of nice, but it's just a temporary thing.
    I put my hair in small two strand twists after and left them in. I figured this would help if from getting tangled again. After I took the twists out, it was as tangled as it normally is.

I like my curls how they are naturally and I don't want the "afro-look" by combing it out.

Anyone else love their "mess"? *lol*

I see many ladies with hair textures close to mine when dry and I can't help to think that they've thrown those tools out the window.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well before i got in the "no comb no brush" challenge i detangled like 1x a month now its been a couple of months since i've combed, i rarely ever (like once- twice a year) trim my ends, and i dont plan on brushing except for when i wear a puff which is rarely ever. i don't think conventional tools, and frankly my hair thrives w/o them.
    [url="http://public.fotki.com/tt1989/"]http://public.fotki.com/tt1989/[/url] **UPDATED AUGUST 11th 2008**

My Challenges:

[url="http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122256&st=0&gopid=2080297&#entry2080297"]http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.ph...7&#entry2080297[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your attitude about hair.

I have gone without combing mine for a very long time, out of laziness, not because of a philosophy of any kind. I don't recommend it because it's exhausting to detangle it when it's time. There's a pic in my fotki of the giant ball of hair I ended up with when I finally detangled.

And when I say without combing - I mean with fingers or a comb...
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A comb is a European styling tool?

I comb or finger comb depending on my mood. My hair as the "afro-look" whether or not I comb.

Lys
    Member since 2006~!
    Watch me on youtube! Afrokinked :) http://www.youtube.com/user/Afrokinked?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realized that with finger combing and regular combing I was losing the same amount of hair at wash time. I mainly fingercomb now. I only brush my hair when I want to really smooth down my hair for puff or ponytail.

I don't need to trim as much because I mainly wear my hair in protective styles so my hair is not as exposed. I just trimmed my hair after not doing so for like 7 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't used a comb/pick in a couple months. Not since July. And I never brush. I realized that I don't need it-I twist my hair up right after I wash it-and I separate the hairs as I twist it with product. So combs are not needed. I will see if I can go a whole year without a comb. I think I retain more length this way.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't ever really use a comb. I just finger comb and finger part.

I use a brush to detangle only. For me, it's quicker than finger detangling and I loose about the same amount of hair. I wear my hair out pretty much all the time and wet it frequently. If I didn't detangle it it would dread up quick and be pretty hard to finger comb, because my hair is naptastic and thick.

I also just broke out the scissors for the first time in a year to trim my ends (they needed to go), but I probably won't see them again until next year.
    Hellooo Nurse!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are some sisters out there that are opposed to "european hair care" tools and products. Many of them will deny the use of brushes, combs, scissors along with irons, flaming hot tools of hair torture and blow dryers.

Are you sisters out there?

I've went months without combing or doing any kind of "detangling" for a couple of reasons:
    1) I don't like seeing hair breakage
    2) I like my curl texture
    3) I don't find combing neccessary, I just part my hair with my fingers if needed.

I recently made a video of me combing my hair after months of not doing so.
    (The video can be found )

After the video, my hair was all detangled, it was kind of nice, but it's just a temporary thing.
    I put my hair in small two strand twists after and left them in. I figured this would help if from getting tangled again. After I took the twists out, it was as tangled as it normally is.

I like my curls how they are naturally and I don't want the "afro-look" by combing it out.

Anyone else love their "mess"? *lol*

I see many ladies with hair textures close to mine when dry and I can't help to think that they've thrown those tools out the window.
    [/b]
    I don't comb my hair either There is no point lol. I checked out your site, I enjoyed it. Now what did you do to your hair when you were wearing the blue earrings and it was a closeup shot. Your curls looked finer.

Eww. I don't know what happened to my punctuation. :dunno:

afthom is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that combs, brushes and all that jazz are not necessary. But isn't going for 4+ months without a trim potentially dangerous? Don't we still need to trim to prevent split hairs?
    Ok so I have a broke down fotki -- http://members.fotki.com/AFaye/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i had longer hair, i often didnt comb because i just was too lazy :P I probably combed once every 2 months and just finger combed in the shower while i had condish in it (ever day). After a while i noticed i would get little locs forming around the middle area of my hair, which would need alot of conditioner and a comb to get out.

Now that my hair is shorter, i still dont comb too much, but i do have to detangle at least every 2-3 weeks. this seems to be working in my favor.
    Membername on fotki: proudmama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast