Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I would really like to try and BSS where I am moving but I wouldn't even know where to start. Perhaps I should try an online BSS.
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband loves to cook and has come up with 10 flavors of a popular dessert. I have been working on a business plan, set up the business structure, acquired a business name and logo and I am currently looking at packaging options.

We currently live in a state that requires commercial kitchens but may be relocating to a state that allows home based baking. At this point, my husband works full-time so I envision catering and something internet based with a possible store front down the road. This is my second entrepreneurial venture but one that is more his passion than mine. However, I understand the business aspects better than he does.
    12th year of freedom

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fedyfro View Post
    We currently live in a state that requires commercial kitchens but may be relocating to a state that allows home based baking. At this point, my husband works full-time so I envision catering and something internet based with a possible store front down the road. This is my second entrepreneurial venture but one that is more his passion than mine. However, I understand the business aspects better than he does.
    Fedyfro, for baked goods, don't forget about wholesaling opportunities. A lot of local restaurants needs baked goods. Also research the business model of Otis Spunkmeyer. You can buy their cookies in the stores. However, they also sell their cookie dough to restaurants and stores who bake them up and sell them as fresh baked cookies.

Good luck.
    Last edited by chachadiva; 07-12-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Chachadiva! You truly provide a wealth of information. I will check it out.
    12th year of freedom

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chacha diva, you are great! I first thought about doing a natural salon..but my final decision is to do a retail product store. I am trying to figure out if I want to sell on line or brick and mortar. I really want to reach the women here in my town that are natural so we can have a place where we can go to purchase products rather than online.I am in the process of thinking of a name and getting a tax ID. I have another question..do I have to have a name before getting a tax ID? What if I wanted to change the name, could I? Thanks again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emayah View Post
    Chacha diva, you are great! I first thought about doing a natural salon..but my final decision is to do a retail product store. I am trying to figure out if I want to sell on line or brick and mortar. I really want to reach the women here in my town that are natural so we can have a place where we can go to purchase products rather than online.I am in the process of thinking of a name and getting a tax ID. I have another question..do I have to have a name before getting a tax ID? What if I wanted to change the name, could I? Thanks again.
    I think a brick and mortar store w/ an online option would be the best of both worlds for you. As far as the tax ID...you will need to have a name to put on the tax ID. I had the same concern about name changes like you did so what I ended up doing was choosing an "umbrella name" and registering everything under that. My umbrella name is my initials LLC. This way if I decide to change my DBA names, it's not a huge problem. My business stability for tax purposes is consistent as well.
    Natural since 10/04
    Loc'd since 10/09
    BLESSed since birth!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started a business selling hair jewelry. There's also a section in my online store that sells and takes special orders on handmade West African crafts, totes, sandpaintings, statues and other art pieces.

My dream is to take what I'm doing and open a retail store with an enhanced/interactive shopping experience. Give me a couple years on that. LOL
    Natural since 10/04
    Loc'd since 10/09
    BLESSed since birth!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emayah View Post
    I am in the process of thinking of a name and getting a tax ID. I have another question..do I have to have a name before getting a tax ID? What if I wanted to change the name, could I? Thanks again.
    Yes, you need a name before you get a tax ID. You can change it later, but that may be a big hassle depending on your legal organization type (sole proprietor, LLC, etc). You can wait to get the tax ID until you get most of your details worked out.

You mentioned getting a kiosk. Actually, that may be a better way to start. You get the advantages of having a physical location, but without the some of the issues like security, property taxes, etc. Plus, depending on the mall and the location, it's cheaper to start up. Here's a cool article on mall kiosks: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122301580.html

You may want to take the time to do a preliminary business plan and sit down with a business counselor.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChaCha - you give great advice! Are you in that kind of field, where you help people choose careers?

MsDev is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shhhhhh......MaroonDawta....be quiet b4 she start charging us for advise...

I will have more questions once I figure out what business I want to start.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast