Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Interview Hair Help

I have a interview this comming tuesday and i usually wear a twist out or a braid out. Im really new to wearing my hair natural. But im really tempted to straighten my hair for this interview. Can any of you suggest some styles for me to wear that are a little more tame that wont scare yt ppl or make them focus all their attention on my hair. Thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anything wrong with the twist out for you to wear it to an interview? You can also do a puff, high or low depending on your preference and wether or not you can achieve that look. Of course, you could just go with a straight up 'fro. The best thing to do is take your cue from that workplace. Nappy hair can comply with any dresscode. Don't be afraid to show your hair. Do you really want to work at a place where you can't let your hair be natural?

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well no not really, My twist outs are pretty decent I get lots of compliments. how ever ive been here 2yrs its something new for me and everyone is pretty receptive to it. The job im interviewing for i wont be working with the interviewer directly but i have to go thru them. Once im hired ill be ok being that ill be with other individuals. Maybe im just paranoid about it. As for a 'fro its not gonna happen , my hair is too straight on the ends....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What not do a roller set? You have wear a headband to push back the front so it looks flat andjust have the back curly.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds good i think ill try over the weekend and if all goes well a roller set it is. Thanks ChaChaDiva

twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iMANiBLUE View Post
    I have a interview this comming tuesday and i usually wear a twist out or a braid out. Im really new to wearing my hair natural. But im really tempted to straighten my hair for this interview. Can any of you suggest some styles for me to wear that are a little more tame that wont scare yt ppl or make them focus all their attention on my hair. Thanks.

Are you transitioning or natural already? Anyway, I like the idea of a twistout or the roller set.

Good luck with the interview.
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an interview this Monday past and I've been where you been. I started out wanting to do a curly braid-out. That morning the whether called for wind/ rain and since I don't have a car I had to take the bus, plus I did my braids to late at night so when I woke up in the morning my braids were still wet therefore my curls were very limp. Taking all this in consideration I just wet my hair some more,put some ic fantasia gel in my hair, added an off-centered part and brushed it back into a little ponytail puff and went on my way. It worked out pretty well. Maybe you should try that. My hair is neck-length short so I had a little puff, if your hair is longer try doing a bun-up. Good luck to you.