Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A loc that wont quite lock!

hey whats going on im new to the board but i been lurking here for a min. lol..but heres the issue i have like two locs on the side of my head that wont lock at all it seems like they just wont lock up. my locs are about 5 months old now..so should i latch these two locks and then just get them retwisted later down the line like the rest of my hair? let me know what u guys think i should do to these bad boyz.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your locs are still babies they will loc when they are ready to, there is no set period, just relax, be patient and enjoy. Welcome to locdom! I've been locked for 4 years, one of my strands took 2 years to loc.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I agree with Denny, your babies are still just that...babies. Give em time. I'm looking at 2 years and I still have one or two or three, that just refuse to completely loc. Rebellious, I tell ya...rebellious. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. They will loc when they are good and ready (at least that's what mine keep telling me).
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for the replies. most def. needed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have a "wayward" loc that won't conform either, lol. Oh well, imma let it do what it do.
    Satan TEMPTS you to bring out your worst, but GOD TESTS you to bring out your best!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HimmysLocz View Post
    Yep, I agree with Denny, your babies are still just that...babies. Give em time. I'm looking at 2 years and I still have one or two or three, that just refuse to completely loc. Rebellious, I tell ya...rebellious. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. They will loc when they are good and ready (at least that's what mine keep telling me).
    I hate these rebellious locs. I have some on top that refuse to loc. I agree that you should just enjoy them and let them do their thing.
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the others that you should let them do there thing.
    ....BUT.....
    I was in a similar position with locs on the side of myhair that would not loc (they were loose to the very tip or came out altogether). I was not that patient...so what i did is I VERY LOOSELY braided them (there were like two on both sides of my head, next to my ear) and then latched from tip of the hair to the root. Now, they're fine. I'm not sure if it made much of a difference, but I was rinsing alot and a bit frustrated that these four just wouldnt get with the program.
    "Eventually I knew precisely what hair wanted: it wanted to grow, to be itself, to attract lint, if that was its destiny, but to be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was..."
    -Alice Walker