Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why do people hate on our np.com?

I mean really. Yeah, sure, there are some snarky people. But they are rare, and usually get shot down.

Are they so mad about np.com staunch policies certain topics? There are plenty of other sites that can help you out. That's where I go, shoot.

I think np.com policies make them really look at hair issues. That makes them uncomfortable. And what happens to some people when they can't handle certain emotions.... them get mad.

Or maybe they use the very few snarky posters as an excuse of why they decided not to go natural. "Them mean to me"

Hell, I don't know.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh. whatever their reasons and issues may be, just know that they ain't gunna worry me! HMPH!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly? GUILT you want to know what I think? I think they hate on NP because we are reallly trying to start a movement where NAPPY hair is OK. Just as it is.

Their are folks that like their hair straight ,thats cool because its your hair but dont come up in NP talking about it , and then calling us names because folks choose to NOT follow along like sheep.

Yes, I use gel , and yes I do twist outs , and braid outs and whatever else I want to my hair but for me, I like my hair nappy and thats the way it is....

Am I hating on you for wearing your hair straight, no ... because its your hair but dont come up in my home and try to make me feel bad because I choose to be NAPPTURAL
    Last edited by cerendipity; 05-10-2010 at 04:03 PM.

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they can.

@KB, you have been on FIRE with the gifs today.
    "If you want longer hair you need to live by your ends, and die by your ends. They are all that matter." -mymy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could care less. I'm just so glad I found this place when I did. Embracing these principals has made me successful at leaving those chemicals alone. I'm either all the way in or all the way out.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell em how you feel Pretty Girl!

Like i said in the other thread, for some NP is culture shock. Its almost like how dare we not be able to freely discuss and embrace all types of hair methods, hair altering is not that bad. They can not wrap their heads around the fact that there are people out there who have no desire to str8en their hair by any means. Dont get be wrong i recently joined another site which caters mostly to those who are after healthy hair yes but for the long reasons, yes i mean long. I joined to help the naturals there and share what ive learned from the ladies here at NP and make no bones about the fact that NP is my first choice over there. But...

NP is like one of those people that is thought provoking and pushes the envolpe so to speak, not because shes so radical but because she goes against the norm and what has always been done and deemed acceptable by society as a whole.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why either. I've been to many sites that weren't my preference. Did I stay around, hate or talk junk? NO, I just didn't return. I think the folks who clown NP are silly.
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has to do with people not knowing how to love and appreciate within a reasonable scope. Rather, everything gets boiled down to how people feel, what they (dis)like, and how they're going to feel/speak about that. So, if you're doing something, a number of someones and nobodies are going to dislike what/how and they're going to dislike the entity/person(s). Hatred, disdain, and/or contempt are a short distanced reach, when folks believe their feelings should trump thoughtful consideration and respectfully...deja vu...yikes.

Err, yeah. So, anywho...we get around to people hating what they can't conquer. Why people must conquer everything, even if it stands for something constructive is not something I have enough time in life to fret over. I just make sure I'm alive and well and let people hate their way into a bad one or do so from behind their fences.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 05-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

9. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no idea there was any sort of hate towards NP.com from anywhere. Did I miss something? I guess I should have assumed so since this is the great wide internet where Obvious Troll is Obvious and haters are free to hate without concequence. I just don't get why, if someone who feels so strongly about straightening their own hair, why would they care about what we are doing with ours?
    Last edited by MissQueenie; 05-10-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Lord I just starting singing 3LW's "Haters are gon' to hate"

Whenever there is a movement, people are going to resist it. And I think NP is a movement. Some people get us, and some people don't. Those that don't get us and the mission of NP hate us and what we stand for.

Love your natural (black) nappy-headed self the way God made you.
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast