Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Random AfriKan Consciouness Random Thoughts 3

WELCOME TO ROUND 3- PUT YOUR ANKHS UP HIGH AND LET THE ANCESTORS MOVE THROUGH YOU...

ASTRO PROJECTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....

Peace Kings and Queens... ((((LOVE))))

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Strong Independent Black Woman Was Planned by The Corporate Elite!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you aren't following what you "Believe" then why am I so wrong in how I dis-believe? You going to the club, smoking, drinking is not in the bible is it? So when I challenge your mind with new information, why do you get offended when you go against everything that you so-called believe!*shrugs*-q.azalee

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a cute dance...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azalee View Post
    If you aren't following what you "Believe" then why am I so wrong in how I dis-believe? You going to the club, smoking, drinking is not in the bible is it? So when I challenge your mind with new information, why do you get offended when you go against everything that you so-called believe!*shrugs*-q.azalee
    Oooooo......you gon' ruffle some feathers with that one sis!

Peace, welcome to round 3! Lets do it!
    Last edited by KellyVonn; 12-04-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previous Thread: http://www.nappturality.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=134277

I'm still ruminating on a few angles and insights availed in the previous thread. I'll try to catch up without overlooking anything and I thank the sisters for giving me pause.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyVonn View Post
    Oooooo......you gon' ruffle some feathers with that one sis!

Peace, welcome to round 3! Lets do it!
    lol...That's the point lol...

Example of this: I was talking to a gay friend at work about religion and how I don't believe in christianity. I still have great friends who are believers but hey that's on them...so anywho- He said, " I don't know about all that"- I said, why wouldn't you know, you are disapproved of in the book you so-called follow- How can you defend a belief that doesn't defend you....and his reaction was

Oh well- I have to let people know. I live in the bible belt in AmeriKKKa and people randomly come up and ask what church you go out of assumption you participate in the same belief system. can't stand it..can't wait to go somewhere where all people co-exist( i plan to move next yr)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

December 25th was picked to celebrate the birth of "jesus" because the winter solstice which the dying of the sun occurs around the 21st of December and on Dec 25th the "Sun" is born again. This is called the yuletide which means the birth of the sun.The sun is noted to be born again by a star called Sirius which is the brightest star during this birth of the sun and Sirius rises. What is known as the "three wise men" are really the three stars in Orion's Belt that points towards Sirius when it rises.

Then you wonder why people put stars on top of their christmas trees. hmmm..something to think about-peace (reference: ashra kwesi and many others)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmaslies.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmaslies2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	833  
    Last edited by azalee; 12-04-2010 at 05:00 AM. Reason: pic added

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been lurking through this thread for a while now out of sheer curiosity. I probably shouldn't be here because I do consider myself an avid Christ follower. But if you aim to unite the global black community, then why the animosity towards the Christian faith of which a significant portion of the global black population embraces. It seems like in your quest to ascend higher you (and this is a general you - not anyone in particular) you have become just as divisive as those you criticize.
    I do believe that the salvation of the black race will not come by merely attempting to make it through the status quo and I feel that there are some aspects of the African consciousness movement that shld be lauded and smoothed in our communities (such as healthier living, commitment to family, de-emphasizing radical consumerism while promoting community). It's just that when you come off from a position of opposition (not always...but at times), you erect a stumbling block between achieving those goals in the wider black community.

Just would like to know why following Christ and Africanism should be mutually exclusive? Please note that I ask this from a position of love and respect and quite simply awe towards the Africanists here and those I have come across.

...just some random thoughts...
    "Eventually I knew precisely what hair wanted: it wanted to grow, to be itself, to attract lint, if that was its destiny, but to be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was..."
    -Alice Walker

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ First let me say it is my feeling that christianity has held many afrikans in bondage from who they really are meant to me. (my opinion)This is why christianity is talked about more than any other dogma.

To answer your above:Is your (generally speaking) approach sensitive when you find out someone is Anti-christ? Is it not you(general) who call those who don't believe what you believe heathens, devil worshipers, etc because of this? You (personally) may not do this but many do- So why would I come at you in a meek and mild way.In addition, the so-called denominations of the christian faith divides itself amongst itself and is (sometimes) outwardly disconnected as if it's two different faiths. Personally speaking, I see many who disregard or discredit jehova's witnesses as a cult (negative light) because they don't believe in celebrating certain days. So I must say- in no shape or form, have I seen the initiative being taken to come together when it comes to those who do not believe. So why would I hold my tongue-*shrugs*

Now this is not to all christians because I have many friends who are and they respect my views and vice versa...however-there are few that are this genuinely good people and with that-I say to those who are similar, do what makes you happy but it is my calling to speak truth as I see it. If you don't agree so be it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast