Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saw a whole section dedicated to placenta hair care products at Walmart.

Okay so I don't know what this stuff can actually do but these products featuring animal placenta have a whole section at Walmart. I was just browsing and saw a packet of henna. I think "Yay I can finally try this and it's cheap" Well it was henna and placenta... Then I realize the shampoo sitting next to it is also placenta, and so are the conditioners, etc. I was grossed out. But at least on the package it said animals were not harmed. So I'm guessing they just harvest afterbirth.

Has anyone here tried this and what did it do that can't be done with something not placenta?

I'm curious but don't want to know how this trend started.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that the placenta trend didn't explode until a few years ago (I'm thinking around 2006). I remember a handful of stars and starlets were using placenta products and eating their own and farm animal afterbirth leftovers for body and spiritual nuriousment (sp?) or some interesting ritual purpose. I can't judge because maybe it might be a spiritual thing to some folks....I have no clue and I really don't want to look it up.

I guess placenta has protein and nutrients in it that makes it good for the skin, but I'm thinking using silk protein powders, eggs, avacado, and such would give the same effect.

Personally, I wouldn't use those products. I saw my guinea pig give birth and her afterbirth was yucky looking and feeling and it smell just raw. I just can't image that on my hair and skin. ewww.........
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems a bit ghoulish. what's next, bathing in afterbirth to help soften skin?

anyway i remember there being a tub o' conditioner back in the day that had placenta in the name. i never tried it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^The bathing in high quality animal afterbirth for skin cell regeneration has already been done. A hollywood starlet did this, but I forgot which one.
    Last edited by Kurliez; 12-31-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    ^The bathing in high quality animal afterbirth for skin cell regeneration has already been done. A hollywood starlet did this, but I forgot with one.
    i mean for regular people

and uuugh she nasty.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's wild. What wont people try. smh I was just curious though because to me it seems so extra and weird. I saw on a bbc show where the new parents through a party and almost all the guest feasted on the mother's cooked placenta. That is nasty and cannibalistic. There is no reason to be eating your WASTE. You know people like that wouldn't wait too long to eat each other if stranded on an island. It'd be day 2 and they would be plotting on the biggest one.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remeber placenta - hask placenta back in the early 90s
    was real popular
    WHATEVER IT IS.... I PROBABLY DID IT

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old thread but neway... Here I go.... I save some placentas from healthy horse births on the farm, cut it into squares and freeze it. You get used to doing things like this when you work with a vet like I do. I use the slices on serious open wounds on the horses, wrapped under gauze and dressings. It accelerates wound healing and it is clean. BUT That said, I wouldn't use placenta on my skin or hair and the thought of eating it makes me retch. It still makes me a bit queasy when I have to handle it. And how do you know what kind of animal placenta it is and if the animal was healthy or not? Any benefits of placenta for healing can NOT be carried through in room temperature lotions and creams.... surely... iono. What it does for hair? iono.

Maybe I should do some research and write a blog opinion on it.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~