Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt find my Hemp seed oil at whole foods as they had run out but I will be buying some online today. I've been using my safflower oil and last night after I did my wash I sealed and did another trim. I was trying to even out some layers, I still think my hair is doing wonderful things.
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP!!

Question: are ceramides good for hair that does not respond well to proteins? I know that ceramides and proteins aren't the same, but my hair seems to react negatively to many of the products that penetrate and bind with the hair (coconut oil, aloe vera gel, hydrolized proteins).

I've been itching to pick up some sunflower oil ever since I saw a couple testimonies about ceramides. But I'd really like to hear from anyone whose hair does NOT like proteins, but is having good results using ceramides, before I buy.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    BUMP!!

Question: are ceramides good for hair that does not respond well to proteins? I know that ceramides and proteins aren't the same, but my hair seems to react negatively to many of the products that penetrate and bind with the hair (coconut oil, aloe vera gel, hydrolized proteins).

I've been itching to pick up some sunflower oil ever since I saw a couple testimonies about ceramides. But I'd really like to hear from anyone whose hair does NOT like proteins, but is having good results using ceramides, before I buy.
    Hmmmm. I have good luck with coconut oil and avg and avj's....with a caveat. I'll mix my avj w/a bit of sunflower oil for a spritz, or mix a bit of sunflower oil with whatever I'm using for a styling agent. I don't do protein /products treatments [don't need to] so maybe I'm not a good example....*shrugs* I'll continue to follow this thread for feedback.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair is protein sensitive and my hair loves ceramides. the first oil i tried was sunflower. i oil my hair everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    my hair is protein sensitive and my hair loves ceramides. the first oil i tried was sunflower. i oil my hair everyday.
    So how do you apply the sunflower oil - Directly to your hair as a sealant? Mixed in with a leave in or DC? As a pre-poo? Or all of the above?

Sorry for so many questions - I'm kind of excited because I just realized that have some grapeseed oil, so I can start using a a ceramide oil immediately! Now I get to see how my hair responds without having to spend extra money first. Yay!
    Last edited by CCmomof5; 03-31-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how do you apply the sunflower oil - Directly to your hair as a sealant? Mixed in with a leave in or DC? As a pre-poo? Or all of the above?
    Yes. Seriously, I use my sunflower more as a sealant and add to my dc's w/Vatika oil. For prepoos, I stick with the Vatika oil.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Seriously, I use my sunflower more as a sealant and add to my dc's w/Vatika oil and conditioner

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for so many questions - I'm kind of excited because I just realized that have some grapeseed oil, so I can start using a a ceramide oil immediately! Now I get to see how my hair responds without having to spend extra money first. Yay!
    I use it more as a sealant but i have used it in my prepoos and deep cond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    I used to think my hair was protein-sensitive but I honestly don't know anymore...I do a protein treatment once a month (currently Sally's knockoff version of Joico K-Pak) but I also use products that probably have protein in them (most notably Giovanni Direct and Eco Styler gel).

What I do know is that ever since incorporating sunflower oil into my regular rotation, my hair feels stronger and more "there," for lack of a better word. If I understand correctly, ceramides repair the hair strand by filling in chips and gaps (?) and maybe that's what accounts for the more substantial feel I've noticed.

I too oil my hair everyday. I use this mix, substituting sunflower oil for the jojoba oil. I also use sunflower oil in place of whatever the larger amount of oil is that's called for in the Kimmaytube leave-in recipe.

Part of me is tempted to try different oils but part of me is also like, "If it ain't broke..."
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished reading the previous thread on ceramides and I think this might be what my hair needs... I have ordered some of the Nexxus products online and will be buying some sunflower oil at the supermarket. I bought the Nexxus Keraphix, Humectress and the Headress. I am anxious to see how they will work.

For those of you who use the Nexxus or Redken products, are you using them daily or weekly. I don't want to over do it, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I want to try this for a month and see what happens!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast