Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soapinphilly View Post

Me and my partners are learning so much, I can't make soap fast enough to keep up with demand so I have to start to work with other soap makers. FOOD, it's a hellava business, I can't test taste enough, reworking recipes is a bear..if I never see a veggie smoothie or a chicken strip again I'll be okay. You can really work from sun up to sun down. I refinished those chairs and the table today....and

the two young sisters helping me a phe-nom-inal!!!!!!!
    The store display looks great! I'm glad that demand is high!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now I'm in the process of registering my business with my state. I'll have to get a legal notice published and I have to send out a bunch of letters of introduction (I'll send emails instead) to prospective companies. Maybe I should've built a client base first before I registered the business.
    Loc Updates! http://public.fotki.com/cher79/locs-part-2/

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Locs taken down and restarted. Twists put in 4/5/09.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cher79 View Post
    So now I'm in the process of registering my business with my state. I'll have to get a legal notice published and I have to send out a bunch of letters of introduction (I'll send emails instead) to prospective companies. Maybe I should've built a client base first before I registered the business.
    YAY on registering your business!! And at the bolded...I was JUST talking about this with my BFF last night. She was telling me that you can have the best business in your head but nothing in real life lol...
    This is why I got my first "client" (my other BFF) instead of waiting to take the classes that I want and registering the business and so on and so forth...she's more of my test subject lol...but right now its better than nothing.

Good luck with everything!

YQ

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I may as well go ahead and do it...there's never going to be a "right" time. I actually have 1 client and was wondering if I should've waited until I had more people. I'm learning that if I keep waiting for the right time, I'll never get this thing going. It's good to start with what you have. Good luck with your business!

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided to open an online business. I have the name, filed out the registration online yesterday for my state, set up twitter and instagram.

The only thing I'm confused about is if I still need to file a DBA .... does anyone know?

My next steps are to get my logo and store which will be set up on big cartel designed, decided on the 3 wholesalers I want to purchase from, pick out how I want my goods packaged for shipping, figure out shipping supply cost and what I will charge, return policy and write my company slogan and bio.

I decided to register as a sole proprietorship for the first year since I don't have or need any outside funding and will not be employing anyone but me! lol There are no worries about my personal assets being directly connected with my business. Once the business grows I will move up to a Single LLC.

I really want to hand pick what I am going to sell but there are no wholesalers at least that I have been able to find in my area. There is one a few hours from me so I may just make the trip.

Im excited but anxious. This is something I though about a year or so ago but I got so consumed in the what if's that I siked myself out. Im in a better, happier place and environment now so Im going to go ahead and go for it.

I put Aug 20th has the start date on my form but ideally Sept 1 will be the opening date.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuesha View Post
    I have decided to open an online business. I have the name, filed out the registration online yesterday for my state, set up twitter and instagram.

The only thing I'm confused about is if I still need to file a DBA .... does anyone know?
    You mean "Doing Business As" right? I did this when I filed for state registration and it cost $50 in Illinois. I decided to register so my business would be legit and to keep the name so no one else would use it. I would suggest checking your state's chamber of commerce and see if that website has info about starting a business.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting on my birthday, I am saving up for a TV commercial! I am so happy. This is something I have wanted from the beginning. I will take 10% of what I get from each customer and put it in the bank for my commercial. My shop is looking better as well. I bought floor mats to go under each chair and I bought a tall dresser drawers to go under my TV. I want the salon to look like a house. Have a homey feel. Come in kick your shoes off and get pampered. That is what my customer did yesterday. Shoes off. Love it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cher79 View Post
    You mean "Doing Business As" right? I did this when I filed for state registration and it cost $50 in Illinois. I decided to register so my business would be legit and to keep the name so no one else would use it. I would suggest checking your state's chamber of commerce and see if that website has info about starting a business.
    Already have and its the same price in FL. If I recall correctly it doesn't keep someone else for using your name. Its pretty much what it says, gives you legal right to use your business name instead of your legal name. Comes in handy when customers pay, especially online. People will see the business name come up in Paypal for example instead of your name.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took a really big step in starting my own business. Earlier i posted that i was trying to have everything in place before I started getting clients...and I am so glad that I changed my mind. I just posted on a local website for mothers about my services (I'm offering basic services right now...will add more later) and I am waiting for it to be approved...but I am so excited that I am taking this step!

I was so SCARED!!! But I know what I'm doing and will still going to my classes when I get a little more cash...but this gives me the opportunity to get clients and get my name out there while finalizing all business issues and getting more educated and creating more services.

I'm going out on faith with this one and I'm hoping that I do well with what I want to do.

And I just want to offer a congrats, good luck, and great job to everyone and their endeavors and advances!

YQ

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been saying much because this has been a super frustrating summer. I'll not go into everything but one thing that REALLY irks me about my biz in particular is how acceptable it is for people to sit on my money and not pay me. I have to Invoice for 30 days as it is, but then it's so common nowadays for clients to go 60 or even 90 sometimes. Like WTF? People LIVE off this money. We're obviously not working for someone else in an office job somewhere if we're on a set working for you. PAY me, dammit!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast