0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about a geomagnetic storm, but this morning I found out that my temp job assignment will end this month, even though the manager had previously told me that it would end in August. At that time, she told me she had already set money aside in her budget, but today she said that the assignment had to end because of of the budget.

I probably never will know the real story. At least she did tell the temp agency that I've done a good job while working there.

Anyway - I was upset at first. I HATE temp jobs for this very reason. They don't have to follow any progressive discipline steps or anything, they can just let you go at a moment's notice.

I'm going to look at this as a blessing. Because I had been hesitating on doing what I need to do. I have a tendency to get complacent and stay in certain situations, even when I'm not happy.
    My blog - NappyLove
    Celebrating 10 Nappy Years - January 18, 2012!
    Follow me on Pinterest!
    Rock That Natural Board
    Loc Love Board
    Sisterlocks Board

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on my first podcast in over a month. Feels so good to have things getting back on track again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out how to put one more nail tech in my salon. Now I will have two! This is so cool.

Need to renew my salon insurance.

The space that I had my kids in, i will now use as a small eating place. I already put the fridge and microwave in there. I will get a small table with about two chairs. Also, a book shelf but i will use it for holding food.

I put my son back in day care with his older sister. When i find out that i am making more money, i will put the youngest in there also. They really don't need to be in the salon with me. They need a place to run and play.

Business is picking up better.

I still love my salon.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost this thread - Natural Stylist if you can would you mind editing the thread title to add Part 11?

Anyway, I've been busy working but I'm also re-organizing /re-structurizing /re-something aspects of my business because... I feel in a rut and I can't get other things started because I have old stuff hanging in the way. I just need a re-start in some regards so that's what I'm working on. I'm actually excited to not be doing anything this week OR Labor Day weekend so I can spend sometime on myself and laying groundwork on some longer-term business projects (and I have a big social thing happening the weekend after LD so it's not like I'm becoming a recluse. lol)
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spring business trip is almost over. However, I've managed to pack 3 meetings into the day tomorrow, so guess who has to work now? Bleh.

I have one check in the mail and that's good. I also got some MAJOR news from a client that's going to make my job much easier. And, unfortunately, that's all I can say, but I squealed and did a jig when they told me.

Weeeeeeeeeee!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic
    Spring business trip is almost over. However, I've managed to pack 3 meetings into the day tomorrow, so guess who has to work now? Bleh.

I have one check in the mail and that's good. I also got some MAJOR news from a client that's going to make my job much easier. And, unfortunately, that's all I can say, but I squealed and did a jig when they told me.

Weeeeeeeeeee!
    YAy! Glad to hear the trip is going well. Can't wait until you can share the Big News.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Omaha. Yes Black people live here...a few at least
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking about starting a blog that combines young professionalism and parent/motherhood. That's where I am in my life right now. Would it be possible to turn something like this into a business? What would I do? Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have a plan yet.
    "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

Twitter me this: http://twitter.com/DivaNTransition

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *~MzDiva~* View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a blog that combines young professionalism and parent/motherhood. That's where I am in my life right now. Would it be possible to turn something like this into a business? What would I do? Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have a plan yet.
    It's called monetizing your blog. Yes, it's possible. You have to find an audience and then find sponsors and advertisers that want to reach your audience.

You can also take a large group of your blog posts and turn them into a book or do an associated webcast. If you present yourself as an "expert" on your chosen area, you can possible book speaking assignments or become a guest blogger on other sites. This helps to build your personal brand which can lead to revenue generation.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really need to get back into the entrepreneurial mindset. I'm still looking for a job, but my internship supervisor really thinks I should freelance. After doing the math, it's clear that freelancing would earn me way more money than a minimum wage job. So once again I'm here to listen and learn what I can.

Biggest concerns/questions:
    ~ Is it better to advertise rates for transparency sake or leave the rates off to have room to negotiate?
    ~ Is it okay to ask for a deposit? This "people not paying the invoice on time" thing terrifies me.
    ~ At what point do I have to start thinking about taxes?
    BC'd: June 14th 2010! // Twitter // Blog

Go PANK. DO IT!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast