Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i don't know who this chick is, but some of you may...her name is jilllian michaels and is some sort of fitness guru. she's been on the doctors and the biggest loser. she has apparently adopted a daughter from the congo. this little girl is not camera shy, lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frau View Post
    so i don't know who this chick is, but some of you may...her name is jilllian michaels and is some sort of fitness guru. she's been on the doctors and the biggest loser. she has apparently adopted a daughter from the congo. this little girl is not camera shy, lol!
    She was one of the trainers on the "Biggest Loser" show.
    That lil' girl looks friendly!
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jillian michaels scares the crap out of me. I rented one of her fitness dvd's a while back and I had to take it promptly back. Her face was so contorted & mean looking; she does not have a warm disposition. But it looks like her features have softened up some. Maybe motherhood has warmed up her cold bones.
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're told Ray J was extremely upset after his confrontation with Whitney Houston's family -- notably Pat Houston -- during the awards ceremony. On Monday morning, someone went into Ray J's hotel room and realized the singer was "out of it" and couldn't get out of bed.
    We're told Ray J was extremely disoriented and was immediately taken to the hospital by ambulance.
    As for what happened ... it's looking like a combo of exhaustion and stress. Ray J had just returned from a quick, 32-hour round trip to China and when he landed he immediately drove 4 hours to Las Vegas for the awards show.
    Ray J is still in the hospital. No word on when he'll be released.
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the King of Swaziland's 9th wife our new Chantale Biyi (aka the first lady of Cameroon?)

Speaking of the FLOC, I need to find out what's going on in this picture...

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intellexual View Post
    He may be conditioned, as a financial provider and/or socialized male, to not see it as viable for him to risk his professional liberties and/or ambitions for the sake of his children. He may flat out not desire it, even if it's right before his eyes and feasible. I wouldn't presume it has something to do with some woman he's dating, unless he's also conditioned to throw his children upon some other woman to parent in the stead of his focus therein.

Also, a remarkable lot of family court judges are conditioned to see a father requesting full custody as a punitive and/or financial maneuver, whereas maternal parents are largely regarded as absolutely vital (to the point of anything else being uncivilized, barbaric, and thusly abusive). With that, and possibly of sound counsel, he may have been advised to build up from socially "reasonable" requests of the court.
    I get what you're saying. However, be it for professional reasons or to appease the current woman in his life, I think it's sad that a man would not want to fight to have his own children if he knows that their mother is bat siht crazy.

If he just doesn't want the responsibility of being the primary parent, then that's also sad. And weak. Particularly since he's saying how horrible their mother is.

As far as the courts usually siding with the mother in custody cases, I have a story to share. One of my good friends married a man who has 2 children from a previous marriage. His ex-wife had custody, and he paid child support and spent time with his kids, etc.. His ex-wife is nuttier than a Snicker's bar, and would frequently use their children against him. Once he re-married (to my friend) she really stepped up the crazy. Finally, one day she went too far. Fast forward, he went to court and was awarded full custody of his children. She was ordered to pay child support. Of course, she never paid, and he doesn't even care or sweat her about it. But she's tried twice to regain custody of the kids (she misses those support checks), and each time the judge pretty much told her to go sitchoazzdownsomewhere. What's really interesting is that after witnessing the madness over the years, the kids KNOW that their mom is a fool. They love her, but they know they are better of living with their father and their step-mother.

My point is, if Ursher really wants to, he can get his kids. I'm not a man, so I have no idea how "paternal" instincts work. But my maternal instinct is to fight tooth and nail for what is best for my child.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frau View Post
    @that Jillian Michaels picture...
    And let me say, I know who she is and I did not like her on The Doctors for the simple fact that she ain't no damb doctor!!
    A girlfriend of mine has some of her workout DVDs and says she's mean and sarcastic. *smh* I won't be buying any of her items.

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    Is the King of Swaziland's 9th wife our new Chantale Biyi (aka the first lady of Cameroon?)

She's definitely a fashionista.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a given that Usher can win custody of his children. There's a great risk of further alienation and abuse if he isn't successful. That sort of upheaval in an already abusive situation warrants intervention. However, the youth and family services are specifically mechanized to protect women and children from men rather than for the betterment of children and families. Even in this "case", I've seen the domestic abuse and assault of strangers mitigated with variations of "what was he thinking", as if he's supposed to work around her outlandish and physical abuses.

I also can't speak to paternal instincts as I don't validate the concept (gender based parental inclinations in a time of so much consciousness and choice). As to the saddening and flaw evidencing realities which may be at play, if he's not striving for fully custody for selfish or social reasons, that weakness is socialized rather than an individual character flaw (imo).

Very few people stand up for quality over gender biases, including making sure males are acclimated to healthy parenting as a matter of public education and "progressive" social engineering. Male parental socialization tends to be primarily and definitively financial and otherwise abstract (such as spend time with your children and tell them you love them). That doesn't cut it when you need or desire to actually parent. Real parenting is no joke and he may not be prepared to do it (his flaw/fault, but cultivated socially) even if his co-parent should really be in jail for domestic abuse and such.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 05-22-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by missladee622 View Post
    She was one of the trainers on the "Biggest Loser" show.
    That lil' girl looks friendly!
    If I ever went on BL I'd TOTALLY want Jill, she don't play and them pounds come off

And that lil girl is like, "Hey Papps! Are you getting my good side?"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    From my understanding a mother has to be diagnosed as either emotionally unstable (suicidal) or a drug-addicted neglectful child abuser before a judge grants the father full custody of their kids. Tameka's behavior is rather trifling but so long as she's properly caring for her boys & they're healthy she's got the upper hand. It looks like she's using the children as pawns to get what she wants out of this unfortunate situation.
    Yeah... men have to fight VERY hard for full custody... BUT, it CAN be done if you want it... I know several divorced single fathers who were awarded full custody of their children... The mother's just weren't interested in being full time parents... The fathers wanted the children more, and in most of the cases I know of personally, the mothers basically gave the children to the fathers without too much hassle... smh...

But Tameka is CLEARLY using these babies as pawns in her game against Ursh... smh... po' lil' noot noots...

@Jillian Michaels' baby... Awwww!!! She's so cute!!! She wavin' like "HayBoos!!!"
    ~The Artist Formerly Known as Kanye~
    My Youtube
    My Twittah...

"Naw, shawty, eat yo breakfiss". (c) Intel

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast