Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cutting Two-Strand Twists to get a Shape

Hello Ladies:

I have been wearing my two-strand twists up because I don't like my hair down. It has no shape AT ALL. Through a series of trying to cut off the heat damaged parts (long story), it doesn't have any defined shapes.

I wanted to know how many ladies regularly cut their hair to get a desired shape, most notably when you wear your hair down in two strand twists. Further, do any of you ladies get your hair cut in two-strand twists?

THANKS

P.S. If you know of any good services in NYC that would be GREAT

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I ever get to a point where 1) I'm wearing TSTs 99% of the time and 2) they're long enough such that the lack of shape is obvious then I might consider cutting my hair in a way that the twists would fall better.

However, given my humongous shrinkage rates and the fact that I don't really twist on a grid (much), I don't know if drastic shaping would be a good idea. My twists can look and fall completely different depending on whether I twisted them wet or dry.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. I have too many textures and rates of shrinkage for me to consider trying to shape my twists. The top does not shrink as much as the crown which draws up like a fist. The sides have their own ideas of how much to shrink as well. And then there are the few patches of hair that really should be on someone elses hair. They're soft and curly seriously don't shrink much at all. So could you imagine how uneven my hair would need to be cut in order for it to have an attractive shape other than a basic bob?

No siree bob ain't happenin' here. Before you cut your twists make sure you don't have a bunch of different textures and rates of shrinkage like I do or you could end up with something that you're really not happy with when you're not wearing twists.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is basically 4C, with a bit of 4B on top. I was planning on having my hair in two strand twists dry. So it would have already be shrunk. I just not liking how it looks down at this point. I want, need, a shape.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP, if you prefer your hair in twists almost all of the time, have you considered locking? You can cut the locks into a style/shape just as you would loose hair because the locks would be the same position (for lack of a better term), unlike twists whose position would vary after each take-dwon and re-twist.

For what it's worth, when it's time to trim my hair I do it while it's in twists because I'm too lazy to blow it out and I'm too cheap to pay a professional to do it. I take about 1/4 inch off the ends. So far it's been working for me.
    ~Love the hair you have~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to lock my hair because it is too permanent for me. One minute I like THICK twists and the other I want micro twists (and all in between). I like the versatility. I have cut my hair so many times that it looks like a mullet at this point and I just want a cute shape...lol.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried altering the way your hair falls by using something like pins, or curlers?
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *