Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopped by Kessa's shop to have her rinse my hair while still in twists. Let her use a little diluted sulfate free shampoo on just my scalp and massage that in to lift any build up. Scalp passed the fingernail test. She insisted on putting some conditioner on my ends. I let her. I tried to pay her and should wouldn't take any money. She cut off her sister locs. She said her hair was just looking like a mop. And it was quite frankly. She just has sooooooo much hair. Her little fro was so cute on her though. She said she didn't know anyone that could flat twist her hair and asked me if I'd do it for her. Of course I said yes.

At the moment, I'm getting ready to pop a movie in so I can get ready to take down, deshed, remoisturize and retwist my hair using the same parts.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post

You and I are >>>right here<<<. I've got my prescription scalp lotion on deck, which I hate to use, but *sigh*. Have you given the Head and Shoulders Intensive shampoo?? That's what I'm using at the moment.
    The last shampoo I tried made for dandruff/flakes was Nizoral, and it made my hair feel like strands of concrete. If the T-Sal doesn't work I'll give Head n Shoulders a go. I really want to exhaust all my options before going to a doctor. How does it make your hair feel? It seems like everything I use hates my hair

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the horrible urge to chop off 1/2 of my hair and start over . My wash n'go is still drying and the ends in the front of my hair look horrific. They were all bushy and frizzy, and I thought, "My hair is so damaged and not worth keeping." I was about to pull out the scissors, but got distracted. Well, I calmed myself down, and took the time to go through that section and smooth the ends of the jacked up curls. Now it looks okay. Earlier, I attempted to do a couple finger curls and I know that I "stressed" it out. Plus, my hair was for some reason dry today.

This has really made me want to PS, so I'm going to try doing a braid n'curl tomorrw.

Reviews
    Read Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I think I'm going to be a rebel and wear a braid-out, even though it's cold.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scissor happy but decided to grow my hair out for at least two years. Right now I'm on month six with tapered sides and I'm bored, lol. I need some inspiration and patience but that don't come in a bottle. I'll try to hold off until December for anything crazy. Short haired ladies how do you battle the cold?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ afroisland: girl i have been there. my ends weren't terrible but i just was hating how my hair just hung. like it had no shape. so i had to just protective style my hair until i figure out what i'm gonna do with my hair.

yesterday i put my braids in a bun and and made a headband turban thingy out of a long scarf. it was cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePerfectFool View Post
    The last shampoo I tried made for dandruff/flakes was Nizoral, and it made my hair feel like strands of concrete. If the T-Sal doesn't work I'll give Head n Shoulders a go. I really want to exhaust all my options before going to a doctor. How does it make your hair feel?
    It doesn't make it feel stripped. I dilute the H and S in an applicator bottle with water, shake slightly, then use. I must post this disclaimer: I always prepoo w/an oil before shampooing, which is why I don't experience the 'rough' feel afterwards. Good luck tPF

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy am I glad I did my whole head last night. I had several twists in the middle of my bun that I didn't retouch last week and when I tried to take them down they had started to matt and knot up. I had to load the base of my twists with moisturizer and take my time working the hair loose and brushing it out with my tangle teaser. Mission accomplished in each case it was just a couple of strands of shed hair causing the bruhaha up in there. No breakage. But had I not caught that today, I'm certain I'd have had some major breakage to contend with. And THAT is why I try to never go more than two weeks without retouching/washing rinsing my hair. Anything longer can be a recipe for disaster.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamed that someone brushed lye or no-lye into my hair.........let it process..........And then made me a braid and pinned it to the top of my head..........

My hair was so limp and stringy!!!!! I was like, "OH NO! NOW I HAVE TO TRANSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did mini twists for the first time in like 8 or 9 months. And I love them! They look so much better w the length, scalpiness has reduced big time.
    Last Time Flat Ironing mid-April 2010
    Big Chopmid-June 2010~have not looked back since.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast