I have healthy African American coily hair, and I just have no idea how to get moisture to stay in my hair. I don't know how to overcome this dryness. I have untreated hair (no perm, no dye, no nothing, just my hair), for 12 years now and I still don't know how to get my hair to keep moisture

I have read a lot about how to treat my hair but year after year after shampoo and conditioning I am lost.

I use natural products with no "no no" ingredients. My hair is growing normally (no breakage) and is soft, but sometimes it's dry and brittle. Sometimes it's soft but it rough at the same time, and feel just greasy like the oil just sat on top of the hair.

Here's my routine, I will also add the ingredients list of the products, maybe you can see something I am not seeing.

Here's my last routine (I will change).

I wash now every 4 weeks with shampoo and conditioner. Every week I undo my braid (all the 12 years I have never changed my hairdo, I feel like I need to know how to keep my hair moisturized first before experimenting with hairstyles), mist with water or an herbal tea and apply my conditioner as a leave-in conditioner, detangle apply a little butter and braid back again.

I used to was every week, and will start doing this again since it's summer. For winter I wash a little less.

I can't do things like conditioner washing because of my scalp, only shampoos, water and teas are tolerated in this area.

I can't water every day either because my coils shrink way too much (My hair is shoulder length in shrinks up to my ears) ; for some it's a good thing but for me it means knots and breakage because of the tight curl formation. so I mist instead every other day.

I sometimes use a protein treatment not very often only when needed. For now, I feel that my hair needs more moisture the moist

Sometimes, I clarify when needed

It seems I can't use humectants e.g. glycerin in high concentration. I still have to figure out if it just my hair that can't take a lot of them, or if it's because of the weather of New York and Florida (I moved to New York last year).

I tried this leave in last week on freshly hair and it left my hair is soft but very frizzy, dull, brittle, oily and dry. The ingredients:

water/aqua, glycerin*,oryza sativa (rice) bran extract*,nigella sativa (black cumin) seed oil*,elaeis guineensis (palm) kernel oil*,lecithin*,
glucose*,maltodextrin*,cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil*,rubis idaeus (red raspberry) seed oil*,vitis vinifera (red grape) seed oil*,vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil*, cyamopsis tetragonoloba (guar) gum*,ceratonia siliqua (carob bean) gum*,xaanthan gum, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil*,citrus grandis(grapefruit ) peel oil*,lavandula angustifoli (lavender) oil*,elettaria cardamomum (cardamom) seed oil*,
citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot fruit oil*,pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil*,cinnamomum oil*,cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil*,chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower oil*,vetiveria zizanoides (vetiver) root oil*,rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*,helichrysum italicum (everlasting) flower oil*, cinnamomum camphora (ravintsara) leaf oil*,origanum marjorana (marjoram) leaf oil*,pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil,* piper nigrum (pepper) seed oil*, cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon) bark oil*,thymus vulgaris (thyme) leaf oil*,
origanum vulgare (oregano) leaf oils, litsea cubeba (may chang) leaf oil*,cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil*,citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*,limonene*, eugenol*,linaloool*,cinnamic aldehyde*, citronellol*,citric acid, tocopherol (vitamin e).

Here's my question: After washing and conditioning, on my freshly washed hair what do you think I should do next ? apply and oil/butter ? apply a lotion then an oil/butter ? Apply only a hair lotion ? During the week what do you think I should do to keep that moisture in ?

I heard of hair porosity, I was wondering if this has anything to do with my hair being low porosity.

Shampoos

Cheryls herbs BALANCING SOAP & SHAMPOO
Comfrey Root Symphytum officinale, org., Nettle Leaf Urtica dioica, org., Rosemary Leaf Rosmarinus officinalis, org., and the essential oils of Geranium (Bourbon) Pelargonium asperum, Lemongrass Cymbopogon flexuosus, wild, and Rosemary (Cineole) Rosmarinus officinalis, wild, blended into a soap base of the most simple ingredients: Purified Water, Decyl Polyglucose, Vegetable Glycerin, Apple Cider Vinegar and Xanthan Gum.

Cheryls herbs SOOTHING SOAP & SHAMPOO
Comfrey Root Symphytum officinale, org., Marshmallow Root Althaea officinalis, org., Comfrey Leaf Symphytum officinale, org., Marshmallow Leaf Althaea officinalis, and the essential oils of Geranium (Bourbon) Pelargonium asperum,Lavender Lavandula angustifolia, wild, and Frankincense Boswellia carterii, wild, blended into a soap base of the most simple ingredients: Purified Water, Decyl Polyglucose, Vegetable Glycerin, Apple Cider Vinegar and Xanthan Gum.

Conditioners and leave in conditioner

Oying handmade Honey-Hemp Conditioner
Honey Hemp Conditioner contains: purified water, organic aloe vera gel, behentremonium methosulfate (emulsifier derived from colza oil), honey, virgin hemp oil, coconut oil, vegetable glycerine, hydrolized silk, citrus essences, fragrance, optiphen (preservative)

Butter mix

unrefined shea butter, *virgin coconut oil, *unrefined cupuacu butter, *mamey sapote oil, **unrefined ucuuba butter, unfiltered honey, vitamin E (mixed tocopherols), essential oil blend: **sweet orange, neroli, rose geranium, **cold pressed vanilla extract, rosemary extract (*organic, **wild harvested)

Thank you