Hey everybody!

I desperately need help maintaining and growing out my hair. I'm 20 years old, currently in college, and my hair is about 3-4 inches long. I feel like my hair isn't growing at all . I believe my hair is 4b/4c but I could be wrong. I always wanted long hair but never really had the patients to grow it out. I've been sticking with it for the last year or 2 but I feel like I'm doing everything wrong lol. All I currently do it apply Cantu Shea butter cream and olive oil to my hair after i get out the shower.

My mom is old-school and wants me to constantly rake a comb through my head everyday multiple times a day. I feel like I lose way too much hair. I really need help because my mom isnt supportive of my new hair at all and is pretty demeaning

I just need tons of advice and support from all my natural hair sisters and brothers. I can post pics if you guys want to see where I'm heading right now, its actually a mess xD. But, please please give me any advice! I'm just so overwhelmed with everything i find on Google and you tube and very frustrated. I need styling advice, i need a solid routine, and pretty much everything lol

Thanks in advanced!