Hi everyone, new to the forum today. I have been looking for a forum similar to some old forums I belongs too that are pretty much abandoned. I've been all natural for about 20 years. I managed to grow my hair to about an inch above mid back length in the past. I just cut it myself to start fresh with clean and even ends. And I tried starting a hair growth challenge with the other natural girls at work but they weren't into it. So I started by myself on November 12th.

My issue is other than the article I just read on another thread here by the creator. Every single source online says your hair can ONLY grow 1/2 inch per month. 6 inches per year. But how can that be true if we are all different and unique but all of our hair growth is exactly the same??? I've seen so many commenters (in other forums/social media outlets) argue or call each other liars if the hair grew any longer than 1/2 an inch.

But for this challenge. Just for my eyes only, I took a video to help keep track of my growth visually with dates and everything. I measured my hair two days ago and my growth is an inch, actually just slightly over an inch. I measured it 10 times, and watch my original video while measuring to make sure I match the measurements perfectly and use the same area of hair. And took a video of it and compared the too. I grew just over an inch and it hasn't been a whole month yet.

I'm going nuts, is this possible? Im afraid to post anywhere else because people can be just plain mean. I'm happy about the growth. But it is unexpected. I'm not sure how to feel. In my mind after all the research I just keep telling myself somehow I measured incorrectly. But is the research wrong?

Is half an inch all that there is?