Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was natural before (and pressing every other week) my hair grew to about mid-back length, but as a permie it stopped growing at just past my shoulders (even accounting for breakage). I heard that hair grows longer in childhood than it does as an adult, and I'm wondering if it's likely that I'll achieve my childhood/pre-teen length again.

Has anyone's hair reached a certain length/size and stopped growing? If so is it longer than your permie stages, childhood stages?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your were smaller when you were a child and you didn't need as much hair for it to appear to be midback. Now that you are older and bigger you need more hair for it to be midback.

My hair is longer now that it has ever been and it hasn't stopped growing.

sillygirl Guest

I'm one year old and it is still growing. If you think about it, when you were a child you were much shorter, so 10 inch hair might have reached mid back but 10 inch now would barely touch your chin and maybe a little past the shoulder at the back.

I don't think that if you pressed daily you would help your cause because it can be very drying.

I have the strong belief that my hair is going to grow a lot longer than it did before.

JustKei is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Alken41100@Jan 6 2004, 01:52 PM
    Your were smaller when you were a child and you didn't need as much hair for it to appear to be midback. Now that you are older and bigger you need more hair for it to be midback.

Thats what I was thinking.....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Alken41100@Jan 6 2004, 01:52 PM
    I know, but it was long when I was 13 and I haven't grown a whole lot since then.

That's encouraging that yours is still growing - it's longer even than when you were a child (accounting for difference in height)?

tran68 Guest

nope, it's still growing and blown-out/stretched it's as long as when I was a kid.