Thread: Trimmed Ends

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my hair in micros for two months. After removing them I deep conditioned my hair and went to the salon two weeks later for a trim. Initially my ends did not look or feel bad but I wanted to keep my hair even. Now almost a month later my ends feel horrible. I have the knot problem again. I haven't had knots since almost a year and a half ago. My hair reaches the base of my neck. I CW once a week and I usually use shea butter and mango butter on my hair and ends. I also wear twists and variations of twistouts most of the time. Could this roughness be due to the trim itself? I haven't had my hair feel this way for a looonnnng time. TIA.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi koko,

I don't have a definite answer for you. I have heard that doing twists and twist outs alot or all the time can cause damage to your ends. Everyone's hair is different and the constant manipulation could cause too much stress on your ends.

Of course, it may be something else. You can try snipping the ends again (now or later). Then, try laying off the twists or keeping your twists in for several weeks (if your hair can handle that and not start to loc) and see if your hair gets better. That's my 2 cents. HTH.
    [b][SIZE=2]Last CFC: November 2005
    BC: Feb. 22, 2006 :o) YEAH!!!

Check it out:
    [url="http://members.fotki.com/CutenCrazy6782/about/"]album[/url] Updated 9/06
    [url="http://journals.fotki.com/CutenCrazy6782/"]journal[/url]
    [/SIZE][/b]

[img]http://images.meez.com/user09/07/08/0708_10015374093.gif[/img]

maibaby is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair may not like butters (mine doesn't get anything but dry when I use them frequently) or you may not be getting enough moisture in your hair by only using butters on the ends. You may want to try another moisturizing product on your ends or some other moisturizer (cone free, minerial oil free and petroleum free) under your butter. Just a suggestion.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stylist could have used a dull pair of shears which could "shread" the ends or cut them ragged causing them to feel rough, dry, and damaged. You could increase your conditioner washes to add more moisture and to help soften the hair. If you start to notice your ends splitting, you can try trimming again just to remove the tips, but with a good SHARP pair of hair cutting shears.
    [SIZE=2]"I ain't a newbie...but I'm mad I had to re-register and look like a newbie!!!"[/SIZE]