Yes, I agree that it should be taken down because it's not true. Some of it is just common sense nutrition laced with falsehoods. As someone who is just finishing treatment for breast cancer (last treatment 3 days ago yay!!!), I particularly resent the implication that one can somehow "prevent" cancer through diet and exercise. That is a baldfaced lie and it makes people who get cancer look like it was somehow their fault it happened. I have been on several online support groups and believe me, I have read stories from women who did pretty much everything right in terms of healthy living and still got cancer. Fact is nobody knows what causes cancer, if that information was known there probably wouldn't be many cases of cancer. The bottom line is that other than stopping smoking, there is no way to prevent cancer.

I really hope Dee decides to take this post down.
[/b]
:clap: :clap: Congratulations on being a survivor! May you have many more prosperous years ahead. ^_^

I really don't think however that Dee meant to offend anyone. I don't believe that she herself meant to come across as self-righteous. She sincerely tries to promote a healthy lifestyle, and even if the email was a hoax, I think that she was just trying to have our general best interests at heart with hopes that we would benefit from the tips and suggestions in some way. Many of the foods suggested in the email are good antioxidants.

I do completely understand what you're saying though. Some illnesses are preventable and some simply aren't. People who live the healthiest lifestyles still suffer from illnesses, and people do tend to get self-righteous about health.. just like everything else. Shake it off though.. you're still strong, still here and that's the important thing!