Thread: Scabs On Scalp

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was just me ya'll. Thanks for sharing. I have eczema, but I never put two and two together.
    "...They just know my name, they don't know my pain..."Blackgirl Pain" Talib Kweli

Thank you to my pink angel. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed that my problem worsened and continued to get worse after using a shampoo bar (not saying which). so watch out, chelsa!! im going to look more into the sulfur stuff. i have a qhemet biologics sample pack. the heavy cream has MSM in it and leaves my scalp feeling tingly- it soothes it pretty well. this week after pealing the first scab off, i put the heavy cream on my scalp. worked wonders. the next say i did a condish wash... the itches started up again. im going to work with my coconut oil and heavy cream and see what happens. if that doesnt work, ill take my butt to a derm or invest in some of qhem's medicinal pomades.

another question- so im getting that dandruff isnt the same as SB? you can get puss spots and scabs with SB but not with funky old dandruff?
    [/b]
    When I was perm.ed I also tried Garlic Shampoo (unscented :P ) and it was like my scalp belong to someone else. I used the poo maybe twice in one week, the I had to deeeeeeeeeeeeeep condition afterwards, but my scalp has been better ever since!
    <div align="center">[url="http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119312&st=0"]Natural Newbie Manual![/url]
    [center][url="http://prettyprops.etsy.com"][img]http://ny-image3.etsy.com/iusa_75x75.5557059.jpg[/img][/url]</div>[color=#FF0000]NP 773[/color][/center]<div align="center">[url="http://www.fotki.com/nelle11236"]My Hair- Updated 10/26[/url]</div><div align="center">[b]JULY 2008 NOTM![/b]</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a scab every now and again and find I have to really pull them off through my hair, because my hair has grown through them. sounds gross, but it&#39;s true. I don&#39;t suffer from any skin disorders and the scabs are not chronic. I think, for me, it is my scalp&#39;s way of refreshing itself from the gel/butters/oils I use.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was perm.ed I also tried Garlic Shampoo (unscented :P ) and it was like my scalp belong to someone else. I used the poo maybe twice in one week, the I had to deeeeeeeeeeeeeep condition afterwards, but my scalp has been better ever since!
    [/b]
    where do you get this???

@ euridice: that how mine are too- it grows around the hair so i have to be careful when i pick them out so as to not rip my hair out. but im pretty certain it isnt your scalp refreshing itself :lol: if so, you would have dandruff and not scabs :unsure: maybe you should join us in the itchies club and get that check out/ taken care of!!

wow this is refreshing. i thought i was the only one
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

chelsa is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed that my problem worsened and continued to get worse after using a shampoo bar (not saying which). so watch out, chelsa!! qhem&#39;s medicinal pomades.

another question- so im getting that dandruff isnt the same as SB? you can get puss spots and scabs with SB but not with funky old dandruff?
    [/b]
    Sjgs,
    U know u can&#39;t leave me hanging like that! <_< Which shampoo bar gave u problems? I have tried liggets, Ida&#39;s, Kiss my face, and Herban organics. I don&#39;t do well with the tea tree formulas, but apart from that, they&#39;ve been ok, except for not cleansing the scalp thoroughly. My hair likes them.
    I looked it up and apparently sebb derm is an inflammatory condition with scales and plaques and dandruff is a milder form of seb derm with scaling due to overshedding of dead skin and sebum. Both are associated with the yeast malassezia ovale. Nizoral works well against this yeast. Tea tree is also effective against it. Selsun blue, head and shoulders, T gel, salicylic acid and sulphur shampoos are also recommended. Alternating the shampoos works best and frequent shampooing is important. HTH.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sjgs,
    U know u can&#39;t leave me hanging like that! <_< Which shampoo bar gave u problems? I have tried liggets, Ida&#39;s, Kiss my face, and Herban organics. I don&#39;t do well with the tea tree formulas, but apart from that, they&#39;ve been ok, except for not cleansing the scalp thoroughly. My hair likes them.
    I looked it up and apparently sebb derm is an inflammatory condition with scales and plaques and dandruff is a milder form of seb derm with scaling due to overshedding of dead skin and sebum. Both are associated with the yeast malassezia ovale. Nizoral works well against this yeast. Tea tree is also effective against it. Selsun blue, head and shoulders, T gel, salicylic acid and sulphur shampoos are also recommended. Alternating the shampoos works best and frequent shampooing is important. HTH.
    [/b]
    oohh thanks for the info! i hate shampooing since it dries my hair out. ill look into tea tree shampoo or selsun/ head and shoulders. so now i have yeast in my hair?! naw im shampooing asap

ill PM you the name of the shampoo bar
    current stats: locked, shoulder length; started from loose napps past shoulders
    Dec 26 2004: last re.laxer

chelsa is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sjgs,
    thanks for the pm.
    Everybody has that yeast on their scalp, but some people have more, or seem to be hypersensitive to it.
    I think itchies and build up and even scabs can be caused by different things in diff people, so we just have to figure ourselves out to choose the treatment that is the most effective for us. It&#39;ll be different for everybody. A lot of the solutions mentioned here work for some but not for others.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oohh thanks for the info! i hate shampooing since it dries my hair out. ill look into tea tree shampoo or selsun/ head and shoulders. so now i have yeast in my hair?! naw im shampooing asap

ill PM you the name of the shampoo bar
    [/b]
    :lol: what the heyell you doing baking biscuits on your head?

a little off topic if we&#39;re hair twins and shampoo dries you out try aveda sap moss. thats really the only stuff i can use too

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any itchy heads tried yarn braids and not had the itchies? I wanna get some extensions again but the weave makes it scabby so I figure the yarn might be gentler on the scalp.
    LAST evil chemical fire cream: March 17, 2006
    BC: NOVEMBER 19,2006
    Started Locs: June 28, 2008
    Cut off Locs: March 14, 2009
    http://b1.lilypie.com/73u9m4/.png
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4...giecomp.th.jpg

ms_rite is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any itchy heads tried yarn braids and not had the itchies? I wanna get some extensions again but the weave makes it scabby so I figure the yarn might be gentler on the scalp.
    [/b]
    In my experience using synthetic hair worsened the problem, I had more scabs when I wore extensions. I think putting anything in your hair that limits the care you give to your scalp is not good especially if you have problems with dryness and itching.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast