Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://news.myspace.com/entertainmen...v/item/8992737

Last week, one of the highlights of my week was getting to talk at length with Tobias, the star of the reality show, Interracial Love Reality Show. At the time, the VH1 contract had not been completely nailed down, but with all the overwhelming support the show was getting online and in the comments of the interview, it seemed like a slam dunk.

I was personally quite thrilled to see a show coming to VH1 with more of a positive message than several of VH1’s recent offerings that, frankly have no redeeming social value at all. This show not only promises to open the minds of the public to the fact that love has no race, love has no stereotypes. Love is simply love. And finding the right person to spend one’s life with is a completely personal thing. It need not and should not have to fit anyone else’s idea of what is right, only that of the individuals involved. What a strong and powerful message that is.

The show also promises to let us see a single father that truly is involved with and loves his two sons enough that he trusts them and counts on them to help him find his perfect life partner. What could pssibly be more of a good role model than that?

Then, I heard the upsetting news that VH1 had decided not to produce the show. They say it doesn’t fit their network. What?!? They can put shows on where people are just looking for maeningless sex, but not shows that have people looking for meaningful, lasting, loving relationships? What are they thinking? (more after the jump.)

VH1 is a network that appeals primarily to the younger set. But do we really want to send the message to America that young people are completely shallow and devoid of both morals and depth? Do we really think that young people only want to see sex, without love or the perpetuation of old, tired, false stereotypes?

I for one, give young people more credit than that. I think young people today are much more color-blind than in generations past. They have a more multicultural view than ever before, so this new reality show would be the perfect kind of example for VH1 to put forward. Instead of trying to appeal only to the audience’s lowest values, why not offer a show that gives much higher value to things that really mater, like love?

I’m totally upset at the decision that VH1 has made to pass on producing the Interracial Love Reality Show. I realize that some of VH1’s audience won’t care one way or the other. Some of you weren’t interested in the show at all anyway, but I know that I’m not the only person that wants to see a show like this.

Let’s show VH1 that there is an audience for this show and we want to be heard! You can continue to leave comments, or you can chat with others about it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this in the comments:

Jennifer
    Aug 10, 2007 at 12:51 pm

I just want it to be known I leaked the story about vh1 turning down this reality show “Interracial Love”. A close friend of mine works in the New Development Department of VH1 she told me that vh1 had interest in this show until they found out that it would be showing educated Black Women. Once they received the Treatment for the show and show that this would not be a ghetto minded show they turned it down. I was also told that vh1 said this "White America can only see black women as guetto having educated Black women on this show will not sell." How is it that a white man sitting behind a desk tell us black people what we can and can’t watch. I am so tired of networks like this making a joke out of black women. Is it not true that all their shows about black women are type casted as ghetto? I think vh1 finally got their hand caught in the cookie jar. I am glad my friend told me what happened with this show. It is very funny to me what white people say and thing behind closed doors.
    ---------------------

I can't stand this crap. And I can't believe people actually gave rating to mess like Flavor of Love and I Love NY and junk. They can watch it all they want...I prefer a good book; it expands the mind.
    [SIZE=2][b]Thing the Eighth: I know the secret to a happy life. It does not include either Joy Dishwashing soap, a Happy Meal toy, nor "Having it Your Way." --[url="http://www.theunapologeticmexican.org/"]Nezua[/url][/b][/SIZE]
    [img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/409395186_d2503a5d89_o.jpg[/img]

[b][url="http://public.fotki.com/Laurynx/"]~~My Fotki~~[/url][/b] pw: chapter2

cmsheart is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"^^ right on!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we need to boycott VH1 (that also is incorporated with MTV) just like BET?!?! <_<

The Land of Elves, before the time of Men
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VH1 is quickly beating Blaxploitation Ennatainment Television as the #1 station on my moratorium list <_<

This is some str8 up bullish!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the problem is ratings... who is going to watch "educated" black women compete for the love and affection of a white man.

Trust if it would bring in viewers they would put it on, but I would bet money that the show didn&#39;t test well.

VH1 isn&#39;t doing a pretend to be classy show like the BACHELOR (which was in my opinion undercover stank)... they do ROCK OF LOVE, FLAVOR OF LOVE, I LOVE NY...

Its about getting drunk, pole dancing, former strippers, phone sex, and video girls...

These shows aren&#39;t "real" they aren&#39;t scripted, but there is an outline that is done... nobody is looking for love they are looking for ratings ~W
    GET INSPI(RED)

You gotta be grateful you need haters
    What are you complaining about
    What do you think a haters job is
    To hate
    So let them do their job ~ Katt Williams

SO BE IT ~W

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VH1 is quickly beating Blaxploitation Ennatainment Television as the #1 station on my moratorium list <_<

This is some str8 up bullish!
    [/b]
    Anyone who reads my post knows that I love Flavor of Love and I love NY but I am very dissappointed in &#39;VH1! I am going to try and not support this channel anymore!
    "No woman should believe that in order to be beautiful you have to be the opposite of what you are."
    -T'keyah Crystal Keymah