Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey OHRhonda! Your flowers look so pretty! I especially like the purple ones at the bottom.
    About the cabbage, I am not sure what I will do with it! Lol, that variety is supposed to get huge.... Here is a picture from yesterday and some other pictures of my container garden.

I planted some watermelons and okra today and I'll post those up once they grow some.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Ok now, the size of that thing scurrs me (yeah, I said it) It looks like it's maybe grown a third more since your last picture!

Today, I'm planting my bell pepper and mustard seeds...yesterday I planted green bean seeds.

What size container are you using for the cucumbers?

I've got a coworker who is giving me some horseradish to grow...should be interesting!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHRhonda View Post
    ^^^Ok now, the size of that thing scurrs me (yeah, I said it) It looks like it's maybe grown a third more since your last picture!

Today, I'm planting my bell pepper and mustard seeds...yesterday I planted green bean seeds.

What size container are you using for the cucumbers?

I've got a coworker who is giving me some horseradish to grow...should be interesting!
    Hahaha! It is scary! All of the plants seem to grow daily!! My cucumbers are in medium sized containers. I know these are not ideal conditions, but so far they are doing ok and have 1 bloom already. Good luck with your peppers and mustard greens.

I am growing some peppers and some lettuce, but I see now I should have grown wayyyy more lettuce. I guess it isn't too late and I still have some seeds..... We will see....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey it looks like you have an Earthbox there! I have one (I've had four in the past at one time) with tomatoes in it (Green Zebra and Cherokee Purple). I've also got in my raised bed oregano -2 types, basil -2 types, rosemary, jalepenos, canteloupe, watermelon and fennel. I'll post pictures later

Here's a link to my photos on facebook (should be available for public viewing)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=0f6e9119c7
    Last edited by ChandraNH; 05-25-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: added photos

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChandraNH View Post
    I've also got in my raised bed oregano -2 types, basil -2 types, rosemary, jalepenos, canteloupe, watermelon and fennel. I'll post pictures later
    Looking forward to seeing your garden! Good that you have that space for melons!
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Hahaha! It is scary! All of the plants seem to grow daily!! My cucumbers are in medium sized containers. I know these are not ideal conditions, but so far they are doing ok and have 1 bloom already. Good luck with your peppers and mustard greens.
    Thanks!! I just watered my garden, peeking to see if any peppers or mustard greens popped up yet...too soon.

I am growing some peppers and some lettuce, but I see now I should have grown wayyyy more lettuce. I guess it isn't too late and I still have some seeds..... We will see....
    1st bolded: Great! Already you have a bloom...where do you live again?
    2nd bolded: depends on whether it's still cool where you are. Head lettuce seems to do better in warmer climates...I've got maybe 1 more shot of leaf lettuce to go, and then.....head lettuce for June and July.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChandraNH your plants look really good! Don't you love earthboxes?! They are great so you aren't killing yourself with the watering.

@OHRhonda I live in North Carolina and it has been in he 90s here already. I started my cucumbers from seeds in the house. My lettuce is looking much better now that I move everything to a sunnier location. Mine is leafy lettuce, not the heads. I'll post some new pictures later today hopefully.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I am fanatically excited! Here is my stash today, one week from the above picture.

^^Cucumbers are blooming...I need to move them away from the other plants because the trailers are attaching to stuff.

^^ Lettuce and I planted some budding potatoes just to see what they will do. There is my pepper too...

^^ Here is King Kong again, lol!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chocolatte:
    Just came in from watering veggie garden. Where to purchase earth boxes? Is that a brand name? How much do they run?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found my other unused earthbox in the garage, so I am going to put the watermelons in it. I have some more big pots so the okra will be transplanted today also. Then I will give everything a shot of miracle grow. Stay tuned for the pictures....

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast