Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently have my DSL internet service through a landline, and I&#39;m getting sick of it because it constantly acts up, even when it&#39;s not raining (slows down, can&#39;t connect, etc.) <_<

I&#39;ve heard that you can get it through a cell phone (which would be cool for me because it would be one bill; the landline isn&#39;t in my name but I pay for my internet fees every month). Then again, I wonder if it&#39;s a good idea because there are times when the signal is bad, and I can&#39;t make calls or check my voicemail on my cell phone, so I could STILL have connection problems. I do need an updated phone for this, but still...

Has anyone ever tried this? What&#39;s your experience?
    Loc Updates! http://public.fotki.com/cher79/locs-part-2/

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Locs taken down and restarted. Twists put in 4/5/09.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Sprint as my carrier, and I have HTC Mogul (Pocket PC) and I have the internet on my phone its like 15.00 for unlimited internet, I love it

macgirl is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to use your cell phone as a modem for your computer? If so, you have to get a very specific data plan not to get hit with fees. My husband has the ability to use his phone as a modem to take his laptop online but he does not do that daily. Only in emergncies such as the power outages we get here sometimes so I can&#39;t comment on everyday usage.

cmsheart is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve looked into doing the same in the past. I forgot the name of the company and all but let me :bolt: and come back later with an answer.

cmsheart is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found it!! Its called budgetdialup.com and they even send you a free trial CD. I didn&#39;t use it and its sitting here in my house collecting dust but when I turn off my internet next month (promotional offer through Digital Landing w/ a free $125 amazon gift card), I&#39;m going to give it a go until I can go back to using DL promotions. Love the free gift cards. I need a new print/scanner/fax.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the internet on my T Mobile sidekick but I don&#39;t use it much, except for driving directions or if I&#39;m waiting somewhere and bored, at airport for instance then I do a lot of surfing and checking email. Its fast and comes in crystal clear. But I still have it on my home Mac computer, I have a desktop and laptop and I prefer using them over my cellphone. I have DSL via At&t and its superfast and never messes up. Ive had that for 2 years now with no problems (knock on wood)

But using it via your cell is definitely an option. Look at iPhone (course that is rather expensive)
    ~The Secret to Life is to Live It! Think, Speak and Be who you are meant to be!~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Blackberry with internet service. It&#39;s ok, but I rather use the internet on a computer so I can see a whole screen and get the background on pages. I am able to go on to this site, but I have to scroll down a lot to see everything. I&#39;ve never posted from my phone but have responded to pm&#39;s from it. When I go to myspace on my phone I can&#39;t see people&#39;s page backgrounds but can see everything else and of course I can&#39;t hear music on it. I&#39;m not able to respond to messages from it, but can do everything else. I have my email sent directly to my phone, which is really cool.

I think if you want to substitute your phone for the internet than go with the iPhone since you can view youtube videos on it. I can&#39;t watch youtube on my phone; however I can get videos off of AT&T if I want to pay for it.

Last r.elaxer: Feb. 2001
    Big Chop: March 15, 2002

Napptural for life!

Hair Album-Last Updated June 28, 2008

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the Internet on my Treo 680 in addition to having wireless DSL at home on my home computers. The Internet on my cell phone is heck of expensive but... It&#39;s one of those things if you don&#39;t have it you&#39;ll need it. I&#39;d rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. The few times that I&#39;ve used it to check for movie times or to get directions have been priceless. I don&#39;t know if I could soley have the Internet on my cell phone though. Good luck with your decision.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Currently Rockin a TWA w/ Natural, Silver Highlights Kickin In!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to use your cell phone as a modem for your computer? If so, you have to get a very specific data plan not to get hit with fees. My husband has the ability to use his phone as a modem to take his laptop online but he does not do that daily. Only in emergncies such as the power outages we get here sometimes so I can&#39;t comment on everyday usage.
    [/b]
    Hey ladies, thanks for responding!

Yeah, macgirl, that&#39;s what I meant--using my phone as a modem (sorry for the confusion). Nah, I don&#39;t think I&#39;d want to use my phone to look at certain webpages--the like someone said, the screen would be too small and I couldn&#39;t see backgrounds or hear music on certain pages (plus it would be super expensive and I&#39;m trying to stay on a budget).

I&#39;ll have to think about this some more. Maybe I just need another internet service :lol: Enlightenedsista, I do have AT&T (or SBC) DSL...it&#39;s actually never been like this before...it could be this neighborhood we moved to because I think it was okay at our previous apartment.
    Loc Updates! http://public.fotki.com/cher79/locs-part-2/

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Locs taken down and restarted. Twists put in 4/5/09.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sprint has a mobile broadband card that allows to get the internet on your laptop anywhere. I&#39;ve only seen a billboard for it. I don&#39;t know anyone that has it, though.
    my weightloss blog: jsquaredisme.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast